Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPs for Amex Prime/BBC CLI Requests?

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

DPs for Amex Prime/BBC CLI Requests?

Curious what are some DPs as it pertains to making CLI requests for both the Amex/Amazon Business Prime and the Amex BBC? Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
11 REPLIES 11
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Re: DPs for Amex Prime/BBC CLI Requests?

Here's all the information you need for Amex CLI's.

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide 

|  
Message 2 of 12
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

OK so double checking on something after reading the 3X CLI thread.

Tomorrow will be 181-days since I requested a CLI for BCP and was approved.

I mistakingly tried for a CLI on both Amex Business accounts 11-days later and was denied on both.

Can a CLI be request now on one of those business accounts 181-days after the BCP approval, or do I have to wait until 181-days after the Business accounts denial? After reading the information I am guessing its the "181-days after the BCP approval"...but wanted to make sure.

Also, the business account that I want to get a CLI on originally had a SL of $2K. But I moved some from another account making it now $5K. Can I request 3X of the $2K ie asking for $6K more making my total on that account now $11K? I know, confusing... Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What were the reasons for the denial(s)?  If the reasons were credit-related (not premature requests), then you'd need to wait 91 days from the denial to submit another CLI request.  Only 1 card would be eligible so choose wisely.

Message 4 of 12
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

What were the reasons for the denial(s)?  If the reasons were credit-related (not premature requests), then you'd need to wait 91 days from the denial to submit another CLI request.  Only 1 card would be eligible so choose wisely.

"We cannot increase the credit limit of a card within 6-months of increasing the credit limit on another American Express Card"

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're only allowed one CLI per account every 181 days, so you'll need to wait another 181 until you're eligible again after the most recent CLI. 

Requesting one prematurely resulting in denial does not reset the clock, you merely have to wait the remaining days left from the last successful CLI.

Message 6 of 12
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

AMEX Prime CLI Denial Question

So I have the AMEX Prime Card.

I accidentally tried for a CLI on it back in August '20 within 2-weeks after trying for (and getting) a CLI on my BCP.

I didn't realize the CLI rule at the time as it pertains to CLs on your AMEX accounts

Fast forward 181-days, and I figured I would give it a go. SL was currently $7K, figured I would try for $20K, hoping they would meet in the middle.

Got the dreaded 7-10 days message. Smiley Mad

Got the snail mail today, and the denial reasoning is:

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account."

Huh? Smiley Frustrated

I never carry a balance - so to me this makes no sense.

Yeah - maybe sometimes say the statement cuts & its $300 and I will pay $100 here, and then a week later $200 there, but it's always paid in full before the deadline, so it can't be that.

What do you think the reason could be?

Potential Future Cards
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Prime CLI Denial Question

Yes; I think I've seen DPs of those staggered/partial payments being a negative factor to them

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

So I have the AMEX Prime Card.

I accidentally tried for a CLI on it back in August '20 within 2-weeks after trying for (and getting) a CLI on my BCP.

I didn't realize the CLI rule at the time as it pertains to CLs on your AMEX accounts

Fast forward 181-days, and I figured I would give it a go. SL was currently $7K, figured I would try for $20K, hoping they would meet in the middle.

Got the dreaded 7-10 days message. Smiley Mad

Got the snail mail today, and the denial reasoning is:

"Your recent payments are too low in relation to the balances on your account."

Huh? Smiley Frustrated

I never carry a balance - so to me this makes no sense.

Yeah - maybe sometimes say the statement cuts & its $300 and I will pay $100 here, and then a week later $200 there, but it's always paid in full before the deadline, so it can't be that.

What do you think the reason could be?

The same thing happened to me, and I never carry a balance either.  If I charge something on any card, I pay it the 1st day I can.  Some cards, that's a few days later when it posts, with AMEX it can be the same day or next day, so I am never anywhere near the statement date, and I received the same reason for denial of my CLI on the prime card.

I've received a CLI on 4 other AMEX cards without issue, so something is not right about this IMO...

Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Aside from the AmEx Amazon Prime, have you revolved any balances on BCP?

Perhaps, instead of multiple payments in a cycle, start adjusting them to be PIF when a statement cuts, and try again after 91 days.

Of noteworthy, if it matters to you, you can allocate some of the CL from BCP (just can't do biz to personal).  That said, if you're only using a small portion on AmEx biz, maybe AmEx feels you have sufficient exposure at this time across both revolvers.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.