Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up with Wells Fargo

tag
SeeSaw
Valued Member

Fed up with Wells Fargo

I've been with WF for over 6 years. Person as well as business checking and savings. I had the Cash Wise personal card for 2 years before they recently offered to pc me to the active cash card. I own a small business and have deposited $15k-$20k per month into my business checking account consistently for almost 2 years. $80k equipment loan paid flawlessly for 4 years. Personal scores in the high 600s. I recently applied for a business credit card. There was some sort of glitch during the app process and I ended up with 2 hard pulls each report and a third hard pull two days later. I called today to check the app status and I was denied for too many recent inquiries. All this crap about "relationship banking" is a myth with WF. As much as I hate switching banks, I can no longer justify continuing to bank with them. It would be something different if they didn't know my banking history but they have access to all my accounts and can clearly see my financial history. 

In the garden until July 2022
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fed up with Wells Fargo

@SeeSaw wrote:

I've been with WF for over 6 years. Person as well as business checking and savings. I had the Cash Wise personal card for 2 years before they recently offered to pc me to the active cash card. I own a small business and have deposited $15k-$20k per month into my business checking account consistently for almost 2 years. $80k equipment loan paid flawlessly for 4 years. Personal scores in the high 600s. I recently applied for a business credit card. There was some sort of glitch during the app process and I ended up with 2 hard pulls each report and a third hard pull two days later. I called today to check the app status and I was denied for too many recent inquiries. All this crap about "relationship banking" is a myth with WF. As much as I hate switching banks, I can no longer justify continuing to bank with them. It would be something different if they didn't know my banking history but they have access to all my accounts and can clearly see my financial history. 

Agree i would be upset as well. Though i will say people put too much on " relationship ^ banking. A Bank or CU will  only serve their needs as so much as it helps them . In the end do whats best for you. You are a number to them so just be a letter to them, C YA Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Do I need to say anything other than dealing with them after what they have done to consumers.....

Message 3 of 13
URHomeInvestments
Regular Contributor

Three hard pulls and a denial for too many inquiries...nice, WF, really nice.

I have been happier with my local credit unions than most big banks.

Message 4 of 13
SeeSaw
Valued Member

Yeah, I tried to hang in there and deal with it because,  as a trucker, the national presence has really been beneficial but during the pandemic, I had to adapt and rely more on an online and digital method of operation. 

Well, sign my name on the "lesson learned" list. I'm moving my business to NavyFed or American express unless anyone has any other recommendations I should consider. 

In the garden until July 2022
Message 5 of 13
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Ive had good luck with Chase.  The inly reason I opened a Chase account, they have low cost ACH services.  I do all my payroll through them and I havent been let down in the last couple years of using them.  A couple bumps in the road, but all in all, good for what I need.  It took a while to go through all the different banks websites and figure out exactly what services I need from a bank.  I still have biz accounts at a local CU, but dont use it too much.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 6 of 13
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@SeeSaw wrote:

I’m really sorry to hear that.  That really sucks big time.  I suppose there’s no way to recon with Wells Fargo?  I would reply here but I will make a separate post soon about my in-house visit with Wells Fargo this afternoon.

Message 7 of 13
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

I couldn't agree more!  Wells has never valued relationships with its customers, in my opinion.  I banked with them for 12 yrs, both business and personal accounts.  I eventually was so fed up with them that I closed all my accounts and moved over to Navy Fed & Chase.  Come to think of it, I never even received a pre-approval offer from them despite being approved by many other institutions.  

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 8 of 13
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

I am sorry to hear of this. Usually, I just browse through but been with WF for a while and wanted to pass on some advice.

NEVER apply for a WF business credit card ! - the way to do this is to ask them to open you another business bank account, when they do that, if there is a preapproval availble for a credit card, they will offer it to you and anything else that is available, & you will get all that without any hard pulls. Only soft !

I have experience with this both with WF Business Platinum Card and the Business LOC. - The extra checking account that you don't need, you can close it a few weeks later. Try it in a few months, if a preapproval does not show up, do not apply !

Message 9 of 13
MmmarkAz
Regular Contributor

@SeeSaw I Know What You Mean! US Bank did that to me, 10yr Biz Acct. Lots of $ in there and 3 Hard Pulls for a Measly 3k Biz Cash card.. It's Hard to move Everything Over Somewhere else, Because of the History we have with THEM.. I'm Looking at Moving My Biz to One of My Credit Unions Too.. Great Customer Service

Fico8s EX 798 EQ 792 TU 802
Started 10/17 Ex 593 EQ 605 TU 620

Home Depot 25k
ICCU Premier Rewards Visa 20k
America First CU Signature Rewards 23.5k
PenFed Gold Visa 11k
Penfed Platinum Rewards 15k
Penfed Power Cash Rewards 24k
FNBO World 13.6k
NFCU Platinum 23k
NFCU Cash Rewards 9k
BMO HARRIS Cash Back 11.5k
Citi Double Cash. 8.3k
CITI Simplicity 6.8k (PC'd to Rewards+ 6/21)
BofA Cash Rewards 9.1k
Amex Hilton Honors 3.1k
Discover It 3k
Lowe's Advantage 25k.

>BUSINESS CARDS
Amex Business Lowe's 3k
Amex Blue Business Cash 13.8k.
AMEX Blue Business Plus 25k
BMO Harris Biz Platinum Rewards 7.5k
Lowe's 4 Pros 13k
US Bank Triple Cash Rewards 8k
Desert Financial CU Elan 20k
US Bank Platinum 25k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.