Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for Chase Business Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Approved for Chase Business Cards

It's been a while since I've made my "Journey from Debit to Citi Prestige" but I've been very focused trying to stay in the Garden and fall under "5/24" so that I can get approved for a Chase Business card. Last month I finally got to "3/24" and was approved for the "Chase Ink Preferred"  card and last week I hit "2/24" and was approved for the "Chase Ink Cash" card. Since these are business cards they donot appear on my credit report so I plan to hold off on any new apps until I hit 1/24 in 6 Months. I will then re-evaluate my position to see if there are any personal cards out there worth the applying for. 

I am already covered when it comes to "Marriott Bonvoy Points", "AMEX Reward Points", "Citi Thank You Points" and the new Chase cards will help build a nice position with "Chase UR points". If anyone has any recommendations for personal cards that offer perks that are worth considering I am happy to hear them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Approved for Chase Business Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been a while since I've made my "Journey from Debit to Citi Prestige" but I've been very focused trying to stay in the Garden and fall under "5/24" so that I can get approved for a Chase Business card. Last month I finally got to "3/24" and was approved for the "Chase Ink Preferred"  card and last week I hit "2/24" and was approved for the "Chase Ink Cash" card. Since these are business cards they donot appear on my credit report so I plan to hold off on any new apps until I hit 1/24 in 6 Months. I will then re-evaluate my position to see if there are any personal cards out there worth the applying for. 

I am already covered when it comes to "Marriott Bonvoy Points", "AMEX Reward Points", "Citi Thank You Points" and the new Chase cards will help build a nice position with "Chase UR points". If anyone has any recommendations for personal cards that offer perks that are worth considering I am happy to hear them.

Great Job on the new card and even better job staying disciplined to reach those goal cards -- Congrats! 

Message 2 of 8
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Nice work Teddy! Congratulations...

Did you have a business checking account with Chase prior to your approvals?

bizcredit11

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizcredit11 wrote:

Nice work Teddy! Congratulations...

Did you have a business checking account with Chase prior to your approvals?

bizcredit11

Thanks bizcredit11. I did not have a Business checking account with Chase prior to approval. I do have several business credit cards from AMEX and Citi in good standing that may have contributed to my approval.

Message 4 of 8
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Teddy!

I just opened a Chase Business checking this month...that's why I asked. It's still too early to tell if that will help business CC's.

I have Citi on the business/personal side, but I have no AMX personal/business.

I have primarily gone after business credit/cards over the last year or two. No personal.

What do you think of your AMX Business Plus card? Is it useful to your business? Does it report?

bizcredit11

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizcredit11 wrote:

Thanks Teddy!

I just opened a Chase Business checking this month...that's why I asked. It's still too early to tell if that will help business CC's.

I have primarily gone after business credit/cards over the last year or two. No personal.

What do you think of your AMX Business Plus card? Is it useful to your business? Does it report?

bizcredit11

I think the AMX Business Plus Card is great. I have this card and it is invaluable for point accrual and has the added benefit of having no annual fee. There is typically no bonus for this card but it is worth picking up just for the benefits I mentioned earlier. This is my goto card for any purchases that do not fit into a specific card category. The following is the cards I use by spend category:

AMEX Gold: Groceries (4X)

Citi Prestige: Dining & Flights (5X), Tickets (2X)

Any Marriott Card: Hotel Stays (6X) - I only stay at Marriott/Ritz/Starwood Hotels

Chase Ink Preferred: General Travel & Cell Phone (3X) - This includes car rentals, tolls, parking & covers Cell phone insurance

Chase Cash Ink: Cable, Office Supplies & Internet (5X) & Gas (2X)

AMEX Blue Plus: Everything Else

AMEX Platinum: I only use for travel perks

Alaska Air: Only use for Companion Certificate

BJs Perks: Only use for BJs Shopping (5% Back)

Citi American Airlines: Only use for baggage Fee exemption but will be converting to Citi Double Cash card before next annual fee. I don't like flying American Airlines anymore and I'm considering applying for the Delta Business or personal Card when I hit "1/24"

I hope this helps

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizcredit11 wrote:

Thanks Teddy!

bizcredit11

I think the AMX Business Plus Card is great. I have this card and it is invaluable for point accrual and has the added benefit of having no annual fee. There is typically no bonus for this card but it is worth picking up just for the benefits I mentioned earlier. This is my goto card for any purchases that do not fit into a specific card category. The following is the cards I use by spend category:

AMEX Gold: Groceries (4X)

Citi Prestige: Dining & Flights (5X), Tickets (2X)

Any Marriott Card: Hotel Stays (6X) - I only stay at Marriott/Ritz/Starwood Hotels

Chase Ink Preferred: General Travel & Cell Phone (3X) - This includes car rentals, tolls, parking & covers Cell phone insurance

Chase Cash Ink: Cable, Office Supplies & Internet (5X) & Gas (2X)

AMEX Blue Plus: Everything Else

AMEX Platinum: I only use for travel perks

Alaska Air: Only use for Companion Certificate

BJs Perks: Only use for BJs Shopping (5% Back)

Citi American Airlines: Only use for baggage Fee exemption but will be converting to Citi Double Cash card before next annual fee. I don't like flying American Airlines anymore and I'm considering applying for the Delta Business or personal Card when I hit "1/24"

I hope this helps

Message 7 of 8
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

I appreciate all your insight!

I am using the Chase Freedom for 5x currently for groceries through the end of June.

For gas I have 5% cash back using the Sam's Business MC.

Dining I have for 3x with the Sam's MC along with 3x on travel, then the Golden 1 Credit Union Visa. (3x back on dining and groceries as well for Golden1) 

I am not traveling much currently, so AMX is not a priority. Looking for the best AMX card for personal and business (still deciding). I want to get into their system, but it is looking more and more like AMX will be towards the back.

Chase Ink Cash is next on my list for 5x back on phone, office supplies, and internet.

Was just approved for the Sam's MC and store card for $12,500 each. Also have Amazon Net 55 for 10k which all report to business. Looking to increase these CL's as of 05/31/19.

I have Hawaiian Airlines MC with Barclays when I need/want to use it. The Chase Ink Preferred is an option as well. 

I opened the Chase business checking to build my options for Chase cards primarily business cards.

Thank you for all the insight and personal info on your cards and spend categories. Thought I should share as well trying to help others.

bizcredit11

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.