Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Chase Ink Application question

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

First time Chase Ink Application question

(for S.O.) Applied for Chase Ink Cash on 9.4.18, got the 7-10 day message.

Letter came in mail on 9.10.18 stating verification of business. Easy, sent in a bunch of paperwork and then some.

Since then everytime we call (both robots and human) they keep stating your decision will be made in the mail within 7-10 days. We call once a day.

How long does this process take? I figured the CSR human would know by now. TIA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rgudino1717
Contributor

Re: First time Chase Ink Application question

How did you send in the paperwork? 

Message 2 of 7
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Via snail mail sent on 9.10.18.

Message 3 of 7
Rgudino1717
Contributor

I submitted an application on the 9th and I had to send a letter last week(proof of EIN) and I called to confirm that it was received. It was. This week I checked the app status on the automated line and there was no new update so I called and spoke with the business lending department and he said that the document was received but the application was till under review. I told him that I wanted to make sure that everything was fine with the document. He said he would look a closer look at the application, and then he noticed that there was a note that said my document was not legible so they weren't even doing anything with my application. He pulled up the document and said it looked fine to him so he said he'd speak with the document team and he would get back to me in a few hours. Two hours later I got a call and he told me the application was approved! So if i was you I would call the business lending department and ask them to make sure that everything is normal, because for me once they verified the document I got the approval right away. 

Message 4 of 7
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Thanks for the data point! Do you have that business lending dept number?

Message 5 of 7
Rgudino1717
Contributor

I don't have their direct number. I always just call the number that showed up when I first applied and received the 30 day message (18882698690) and then ask to speak with business lending. They might say that you should speak with the document team or verification team, but for me the person at business lending was the most helpful. 

Message 6 of 7
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

So here's a DP (data point) for other/future readers:

We kept having trouble with the verification and with all the amount of paperwork sent in they were not able to approve the card because they couldn't verify the store business name (we have a hair salon we built from the back of our personal house and for some reason they needed a ton of other paperwork we couldn't obtain unless we spent more money and more time).

We even went into the branch they helped us out with what forms to send in, but then told us to call the business line 4 hours later (they don't do business approvals in-branch)

So we HUCA (Hung Up Called Again) and after 3 calls this nice CSR told us to just wait 31 days and apply again with the salon name as the wife's full name instead of using the business name as the actual business name.

Low and behold, 31 days after initial app date, applied same card, used wife's full name as business name, 3 days later approval $7000 CL.

No verification needed, not even a call needed.  Robo lady just said wife was approved for $7K CL.

We're new to the business game wish we knew that before, woulda saved headaches and time.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.