Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BHG Business Card Blocked?

tag
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

New BHG Business Card Blocked?

So, I also jumped on the BHG credit card train last week and applied for the BHG Money MORE Business credit card.

Was subsequently approved instantly for $12k w/ an unknown APR.

Unlike most of the folks here who got approved, I did not receive a "DocuSign" form, rather just an email confirming my limit and approval.

Today I check my mail and already received the card. 

When I went to activate it on their website, I get a message that it's been "Blocked due to suspected fraud"...uhh what?

On another note, the card does not have my Business Name on it, just my name and looks like a Personal Credit Card, but has the "Business" wording on the front.

I call CS to ask what's going on, and the rep tells me "I've filed an escalated request for the back office to contact you in 24-48 hours"...

So I ask him, is this normal or can you explain why this is happening?  He says it's normal and someone will contact me via email.

Obviously I'm assuming they want my formation docs (which I have and everything is legit) but this is bizarre to say the least.

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I know this is a new card we all went for, but now I'm starting to think my suspicions were correct in this BHG was some fly-by-night company.

Many thanks for your replies.

BHG.JPG

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Re: New BHG Business Card Blocked?

@atst2000 i have not had any issue with my bhg business card. i sucesfully did a 4k balance transfer and have been able to use it for purchases. The only issue ive had is that for some reason BHG blocks the card from being added to Paypal. I too recieved no docusign after approval so im sure they just need to verify something with you and youll be up and running again in no time 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 2 of 73
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@atst2000 i have not had any issue with my bhg business card. i sucesfully did a 4k balance transfer and have been able to use it for purchases. The only issue ive had is that for some reason BHG blocks the card from being added to Paypal. I too recieved no docusign after approval so im sure they just need to verify something with you and youll be up and running again in no time 

@mfinsmi1 yeah I was thinking the same. Was your business name on your card?  Mine just had my personal name. 

Message 3 of 73
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@atst2000 Just my personal name as well 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 4 of 73
Rekyrts
Valued Member

Subscribing... thanks for sharing DPs.

Message 5 of 73
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

When I tried to activate my new BHG More Business it said it was blocked for fraud.

I called customer service, got a call center, was put on hold, then told I would hear from them, and it would probably take at least 48 hours. 

Not very nice.

Kind of scary.  Maybe this is some kind of phony operation.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 73
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I attempted to activate my card as well, had the same issue that @SouthJamaica & @M_Smart007 reported

When I called CS, I was told that I needed to email identification documents....front and back of gov't ID with matching address and a utility bill with the address.  

Sent that off...we'll see what happens...

200.gif

Message 7 of 73
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

I ended up calling the main underwriter this am (Blue Ridge Bank) and they were no help, but did verify they do back them.

Called again to the BHG CS number and now the rep was able to give me instructions on what docs to send (DL front and back, Utility Bill).

Reluctantly I sent it in.

We'll see what happens.

Message 8 of 73
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Fintech strikes again?Smiley Happy.. Weird thing CK although not business for same company I believe gave me a personal loak for 79k offer if not mistaken that popped up other day.  ah here is screenshot.  lol at apr thoughSmiley Happy.  Not meant to thread jack, jjust found it funny seeing all this BHG stuff then popped up on CK on main page.  that apr is with a 800+ fico and a 830+ vantage....Interest and fees only 50k+ lol

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 1.51.40 PM.png

Message 9 of 73
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yeah, so I basically had the same thing happen 15 minutes ago.  (Card was here when I arrived home)  Spoke with a rep who was just dense, and he basically gave me the whole "escalated to the back office, they'll call in 24-48 hours" thing.  So we'll see.  I'm a *bit* annoyed at this point.  Keep you guys posted.

Message 10 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.