Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP Fund Credit Check by CREDCO?

tag
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

PPP Fund Credit Check by CREDCO?

I just had an unexpected inquiry on Equifax from CREDCO. I've heard that there would be an inquiry when the loan has been approved and about to be deposited.

Anyone have any experience with this?Capture.PNG

Starting Score: 545
Current Score: 656
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

Re: PPP Fund Credit Check by CREDCO?

@FAMUGrad2001 wrote:

I just had an unexpected inquiry on Equifax from CREDCO. I've heard that there would be an inquiry when the loan has been approved and about to be deposited.

Anyone have any experience with this?Capture.PNG

Did you recently apply for a mortgage? Maybe that's where its from.

Message 2 of 13
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

I just realized that it may be from a federal loan repayment (school loans) that I applied for. It's being processed.

I got my hopes up! 

Message 3 of 13
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@FAMUGrad2001 wrote:

I just realized that it may be from a federal loan repayment (school loans) that I applied for. It's being processed.

I got my hopes up! 

Be on the look out for a credit pull from Experian. That's where they're pulling from.

Message 4 of 13
bloccoblu
Contributor

Fellow Rattler Smiley Happy

The agency they pull from depends on who you applied for the PPP loan through, unless youre referring to the EIDL. I used paypal for PPP they pulled transunion and the credit check happened roughly an hour or less before the deposit. EIDL is pulling experian personal and business.

Message 5 of 13
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

Good looking out. Yeah, I mean the EIDL GRANT. 

Message 6 of 13
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

E6B9A126-446D-40C2-B397-B2B3A7A84C19.jpeg

Just got the inquiry! Does this mean I will get it? How long?

Message 7 of 13
bloccoblu
Contributor

From what I understand the inquiry does not guarantee approval. Some people have been given grant but denied for the loan itself due to credit score. If there aren’t any issues with your banking info people have generally seen grant deposit within 2-5 days after inquiry. Then a week or so to a month for loan docs/funding. For me there were banking info issues so I had to wait over a month to get grant and loan. Call SBA and ask if there are any issues that you may need to correct. Also depending on who you speak with they may tell you if you were approved or denied and what the loan amount will be if offered.

Message 8 of 13
FAMUGrad2001
New Contributor

I applied as sole proprietor and had just started in January so there's no bank info yet and had not set up vendor accounts yet to report. 

I'm not holding my breath, but it seemed like this was actually going to happen. Like you, I've heard that deposits were being made 1-2 days after inquiry. My Exp is 681 after the inquiry so I doubt that would be a reason for denial. 

Message 9 of 13
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@FAMUGrad2001 wrote:

I applied as sole proprietor and had just started in January so there's no bank info yet and had not set up vendor accounts yet to report. 

I'm not holding my breath, but it seemed like this was actually going to happen. Like you, I've heard that deposits were being made 1-2 days after inquiry. My Exp is 681 after the inquiry so I doubt that would be a reason for denial. 

It took about a month after my credit pull for me to recieve my EIDL funds. Its based off of your personal credit profile,not vendor credit.

You cant get real bank products...loans/lines of credit with "vendor credit".

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.