Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMS BIZ MASTERCARD CLI

tag
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

SAMS BIZ MASTERCARD CLI

I understand Synchrony can be finicky. I have seen folks post where they were approved for a CLI on their Sams Biz MC after only 1 month--and others posting no luck for 4, 6 months. 

Having said that, does anyone have any recent, updated data on CLI for the Biz MC?     I was approved 5/13/22 for 8k....have ran 4k through, paid in full, and now have a balance of $1200.00------I'd like to ask for 15k and does having a balance get in the way?   I have the store card as well, its at 10k...no balance, been heavily used, PIF........any advice/suggestions?  Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Re: SAMS BIZ MASTERCARD CLI

@rchvmz 4-6 months seems to be the best results, but if you get declined for the CLI find out why. Synchrony can list all kinds of reasons like most banks. Keep your Experian biz looking good. If you know it's clean and looking strong I would reapply sooner than 4-6 months after a decline. I had plenty of declines. It just seems to go with asking.

I received a CLI about a month and a half ago. Having a balance did not get in the way for me for several CLI's. If you have a no PG card fire away... no harm no foul. Inquiries are usually not very signifcant on the business side compared to personal.

bizcredit11

Message 2 of 9
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

@rchvmz 4-6 months seems to be the best results, but if you get declined for the CLI find out why. Synchrony can list all kinds of reasons like most banks. Keep your Experian biz looking good. If you know it's clean and looking strong I would reapply sooner than 4-6 months after a decline. I had plenty of declines. It just seems to go with asking.

I received a CLI about a month and a half ago. Having a balance did not get in the way for me for several CLI's. If you have a no PG card fire away... no harm no foul. Inquiries are usually not very signifcant on the business side compared to personal.

bizcredit11

Thx.... Yup, it's a no PG MasterCard.... I called credit solutions today... No go, and they said a letter will follow. I'm guessing it's just to soon. My store card Cli was at 90 days, and it went from 2500 to 10k... So, I'll wait till I'm 3 statements in before trying again. 

Message 3 of 9
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

@bizcredit11 wrote:

bizcredit11

Funny, I was denied the MC CLI---so I went back to the Store card site and asked for credit line to be bumped to 12k, I thought--it was at 10k. Email said I was approved for CLI, and to log in---logged in and it is<<<25k>>>!!!........a 15k CLI. Im guessing they thought I was asking for a 12k increase, at any rate, Synchrony is treating me good. Im stoked now for the Mastercard CLI in 3 months ---can I ask for 30k?.........how exciting

Message 4 of 9
Boragard
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

I have a question.  I would like to apply for the Sam's Club Business Credit Card.  Does anyone know if I have to be a member first to apply? or do I apply then automaticaly become a member?  Also, if I have to be a member first, how long should I wait before applying for the credit card?  Any information helps!  Thank you all! 

Message 5 of 9
rchvmz
Frequent Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

I have a question.  I would like to apply for the Sam's Club Business Credit Card.  Does anyone know if I have to be a member first to apply? or do I apply then automaticaly become a member?  Also, if I have to be a member first, how long should I wait before applying for the credit card?  Any information helps!  Thank you all! 

My understanding is you have to be a Sams memebr first. When you apply for any Business cards, that has to be done in the store and the first line on the application asks for your Sams membership number---you cannot apply for a Business account at Sams online. 

Message 6 of 9
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

You do have to be a member first but you can do it all at once at their service desk. Sometimes they have membership deals online for first time signups so I'd google first.  

You can apply for a credit card right away, there is no need to wait unless you feel you need to build your business credit up a bit more. I think I took my DUNS # along with my EIN # when I signed up.  Good luck! 

Message 7 of 9
MrPostman

@rchvmz wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

My understanding is you have to be a Sams memebr first. When you apply for any Business cards, that has to be done in the store and the first line on the application asks for your Sams membership number---you cannot apply for a Business account at Sams online. 

Sorry to bring up the dead, but I was on the Sams site today and there is now an 

"Own a Business?
Apply for a Sam’s Club Business credit card."

"Apply Now" button

Message 8 of 9
TMDSCT
Regular Contributor

It's about time they allow businesses to apply online.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.