Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shell is quick to report to Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shell is quick to report to Experian

My new Shell small business card started reporting to Experian Business less than a month after my application (the first statement cycle was very short). It also reported despite the small size of my balance--barely over $20. I figured this might be useful info for people eager to establish tradelines in a faster than usual timeframe, as well as people who don't have much reason to buy anything from a company other to encourage the tradeline to report activity.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shell is quick to report to Experian

Thank you for this info.  I just checked my business profile on Nav and we have an 'A' on D&B but a 'B' on Experian due to no trade lines reporting.    I went on an app spree about a month ago and was approved for many of the starter lines/accounts etc. but none have reported to Experian.

Applied for the Shell card today and received an online approval for a $1,000 credit limit.

Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for this info.  I just checked my business profile on Nav and we have an 'A' on D&B but a 'B' on Experian due to no trade lines reporting.    I went on an app spree about a month ago and was approved for many of the starter lines/accounts etc. but none have reported to Experian.

Applied for the Shell card today and received an online approval for a $1,000 credit limit.

Did you PG your Citi backed business cards? I see Officemax and sehll in your profile.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple questions:

1) Did Shell Hard Pull your personal credit?

2) Is there any incentive that Shell gives to use their business card? (Certain discount of anything?)
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi hard pulled my Equifax for the Shell application. The card I got doesn't have an incentive, but if I recall they have two other versions designed for larger businessss, and one or both of them has some type of incentive, though I think one also has an annual fee.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Creditaddict,

No, I did not PG any of my business accounts.  I have a recently (July!) discharged BK7, so I only apply for credit accounts that do not require a PG. 

To answer Matt4200's question re incentives - Shell doesn't have an annual fee or card fee.  The Texaco card has a one time $40 card fee.  Also if you apply before the end of the year, you can earn a 10 cent per gallon credit for 6 billing statements.  This was the only gas card that I applied for that has an incentive.

My primary reason for applying for this card was to have an account report to Experian.  

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

which of the business cards in your profile reports to Experian or D&B?  

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

which of the business cards in your profile reports to Experian or D&B?  

Hi FullyRebuilt,

Per Nav.com, I have no accounts reporting on Experian.  For D&B, I'm guessing 2 or 3 accounts are reporting.  They're showing my highest credit amount of $750 (which has to be my Amazon account) and my total debt of $1,000 (which would be a combination of the 2 gas cards we use, 76 ($150 balance) and Exxon ($50 balance) and Quill ($50 balance).  

Screenshot 2017-07-31 11.13.17.jpg

Based on reading these forums, I believe my accounts should report this way:

• Amazon Pay-In-Full Credit Line (Net 55) - D&B? (place multiple orders, pay in full)
  • Quill Net 30 - D&B (have placed 3 orders for about $50 each, paid in full each time)
  • Office Depot - D&B and Experian (never used) 
  • Exxon Mobil - D&B? (used for 2 transactions of about $50 each, paid in full)
  • Chevron/Texaco - D&B and Experian (I've used this card for about $40 and paid in full, didn't report to Experian, amount too small??)
  • Uline - D&B and Experian (never used) 
  • 76 Fleet Services - D&B? (this has been our primary gas card, use regularly and pay in full)
  • Shell Small Business - Experian (haven't received cards yet)
  • JC Penny - Does not report to D&B or Experian (never used)

As I've received most of these accounts within the last 2 months or so, I don't know if they're not reporting because they're too new or if an account isn't reporting because I haven't used it.  

Hopefully, this helps!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

SportsMom77, did you happen to get your ExxonMobil card in the past 3 months? I've read that Citi-backed business cards don't allow multiple applications in a 90-day period, but I get the impression you may have been able to do ExxonMobil + Shell in a shorter timeframe... ?

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SportsMom77, did you happen to get your ExxonMobil card in the past 3 months? I've read that Citi-backed business cards don't allow multiple applications in a 90-day period, but I get the impression you may have been able to do ExxonMobil + Shell in a shorter timeframe... ?

Hi Halstend,

I checked my email and I applied for the ExxonMobil card on June 6, 2017 and I applied for the Shell card on July 27th.  So I applied and was approved for both cards in about a 6-week time frame.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.