cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Card CLI decline using an OLD bureau!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spark Card CLI decline using an OLD bureau!!

Decline reason was my credit score was not good enough ... i was like Waaat! They are all at 700!! Looked at the bureau and DATE! EQUIFAX frm January really?!! Showed as 639 ... never remember it being that low neway but really we are almost im April people ugh! I'm not calling to dispute cuz I really dnt need it but my score is 702ish with that bureau .. and apparently they are using a very old score ... tempted to close them both since they are SD anyway both personal and business ... my QS is at 5k ... another one of my lowest limits and my Spark at 6500 ..whatever people guess I'll just keep using my Barclay's, Discover amd Amex ... back with the sox u go Cap1!!
7 REPLIES 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Spark Card CLI decline using an OLD bureau!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Decline reason was my credit score was not good enough ... i was like Waaat! They are all at 700!! Looked at the bureau and DATE! EQUIFAX frm January really?!! Showed as 639 ... never remember it being that low neway but really we are almost im April people ugh! I'm not calling to dispute cuz I really dnt need it but my score is 702ish with that bureau .. and apparently they are using a very old score ... tempted to close them both since they are SD anyway both personal and business ... my QS is at 5k ... another one of my lowest limits and my Spark at 6500 ..whatever people guess I'll just keep using my Barclay's, Discover amd Amex ... back with the sox u go Cap1!!

Is the 702 a Fico 8 score? I don't think Cap1 uses Fico 8 either

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its the score across all my apps ... fico, cap1 app, discover app, amex app, walmart app, barclays app .. it dipped in early Jan for some reason but quickly recovered .. cap1 is smoking summin! I was approved at Citizens Bank last month and it was 714 only reason why it dropped to 702 .. again the score showed as of 01/16/16 ... come on .. we are pushing on April ..
Message 3 of 8
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Call and recon. They'll pull a new report. I've had some success with a Cap1 recon.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the 702 a Fico 8 score? I don't think Cap1 uses Fico 8 either

Cap1 uses FICO 4.  (I consider it a FAKO, but have had people respond that consider it a valid FICO)

My FICO 8 on EX is 717.  My FICO 4 is 633! I was denied a Venture One, so I feel your pain.

Message 5 of 8
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

FICO 04 is the 'morgage' scoring score....

it is used by quite a bit of credit unions, cap1, etc...  and always for a mortgage

you can view it with the 3-bureau report

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing just happened to me.  They show a score from Jan 26, 2016.  Its 653.  Has to Be a fico 4.  Because my fico 8 was around 690 at the time.  Think i m gonna recon. my scores have climbed since account opening. Even though a CLI is never a guarantee, it sure would be nice.  I push the limit every month.   Does anyone know if I recon will cap one do a HP.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably would be a hard pull thats why Im not going to bother, not worth it for a CLI .. really thought they used TU but that might just be on the personal side ..oh well
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.