Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 hard pulls, same CC, same day

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

2 hard pulls, same CC, same day

I applied for a credit card and was instant approved.  Then looked at my CR two days later and that CC company pulled my Experian report twice that day, causing a FICO decrease twice as well.  Can one be removed?  Do I call the CC company?  or would I have to dispute this with credit bureau.? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 hard pulls, same CC, same day

I would call the card company.  Did you join a credit union and then applied for a credit card?  If so then the 2 pulls may make sense.

Message 2 of 7
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

No credit union.  Applied directly with them.  Thanks!  I'll call them tomorrow

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call the card company.  Did you join a credit union and then applied for a credit card?  If so then the 2 pulls may make sense.

Message 3 of 7
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Certain banks, like Branch Banking & Trust will pull two Equifax CB's. This will also happen if their computer can't make a decision and Bank Card Services has to evaluate the report. Sadly, theres nothing you can do about it . It's well within their rights when you request a credit account with them. Kind of like how capital one pulls all three. But, on rare occassions, they've only pulled 2 for me. 

It's the price of credit with some banks. 

Coming Soon
Message 4 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

OP, if you don't mind me asking...what lender is it that you're referring to?  If you can provide the name maybe the forum can offer some insight as to the typical behavior of this lender...unless it's a local one-off type of place.

Message 5 of 7
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Capital One quicksilver1 card. Instantly approved for $3k. They pulled my experian to approve. Then I got another alert later that night regarding an alert. Look at Experian account and they pulled it again, after I had already been approved.
Message 6 of 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Cap one pulls all 3 so expect EQ and TU will be hit too.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.