Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd US Bank Cash Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd US Bank Cash Plus

I have a US Bank Cash Plus card that won't budge at 500.  I noticed that I am prequalified for a 365, FlexPerks or Cash Plus card on the website.  I didn't know if it is possible to have two Cash Plus cards?  I would close the 500 limit one if approved.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: 2nd US Bank Cash Plus

Yes, you can have two.

Message 2 of 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'm curious to know if this is possible as well. I would like another Cash+

I believe a posted named, TheManWhoCan had two. However, I don't know if both were applied for or  if one was upgraded.

Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I have one joint with my wife (joint, not AU) and she also has one on her own, both applied for.

Message 4 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

Yes, two. One was obtained as Cash+, the other PC from regular Rewards.

App the Cash+, and even if you get a Rewards, that can be PC later into Cash+.

Also consider keeping the current one as Cash+. This gets you 4 of the 5% categories each quarter.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I called in and the lady said I was preapproved for three cards for “X” credit limit, so I opted for the cash plus. I guess I’ll know later if I’m approved or not. She claimed it was almost a sure thing. I’ll update when I find out.

I have my doubts because the CL that was quoted seemed high.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks everyone. I called in and the lady said I was preapproved for three cards for “X” credit limit, so I opted for the cash plus. I guess I’ll know later if I’m approved or not. She claimed it was almost a sure thing. I’ll update when I find out.

I have my doubts because the CL that was quoted seemed high.

Good luck!! Please let us know what happens, I'm in almost the exact same boat.

Message 7 of 9
minski
Established Contributor

2nd CL may be high because if you have already built history with your first, US Bank is more comfortable giving you a higher limit with future cards. My first Cash Plus (originally rewards) had a $1000 SL. I was preapproved for Cash Plus and my 2nd card started at $14,000.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to an error, I ended up with two Fred Meyer Rewards Visa Cards a few years ago. The 1st one was suppoed to be just a CLI. So I just gacve the second one to my mom to use. After her passing, and the fact i had no use for both. I called to see if I could PC it to something else through U.S. They said no, so I closed it. But I would have like them to PC it to ths card. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.