Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-Card App Spree - Need some solid advice

tag
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: 3-Card App Spree - Need some solid advice

I appreciate all the feedback guys....every little bit of info I get helps make an educated decision and relieves a little of the stress.

@Birdman7

(Sorry for the delay, I had to get the baby back to sleep)

I wish I could actually app tonight, but I'm waiting for my next reports to show a $470 payment on that Discover balance.  It will be about mid-April before I pull triggers. Just trying to get ducks lined up, get all my info straight. This is a pretty big deal for me. I will certainly update and give feedback when I'm ready to run the spree....I'll specifically send you a PM if you want to be around during.

One last thing, you mentioned do it on the 2nd , not the 1st...is there some trick to what time of the month, or time of day to run these?

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 31 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taurus22 yes please keep me in the loop. The reason I said don’t do it on the first is because that way you can isolate aging points from inquiry points later on! Good luck and keep your utilization down before this
Message 32 of 81
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Just my opinion but I think you are way over thinking this. But again, just my opinion.

For the record, I did not apply for a checking account at time of CC app. I had no previous relationship with them. That said, I did prequalify on their prequal site so, I'd definitely recommend doing that first.

Also noteworthy: many applications are not instantly approved and go to manual review. So, don't panic if yours isn't. You can call their Underwriting department and within a day or two get and automated status. I believe mine said approved within 36 hours from application time.

Message 33 of 81
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Caardvark

Thanks for your feedback....

I do tend to overthink, I admit I'm very cerebral.....but again, this one is kind of important for me. All of these cards I've mentioned are my key target cards for my CB build. So if I'm going to spree them to keep their ages together, I just want to make sure I take the right steps, because I won't get to app again for a while.

With US Bank, you mentioned you did a PreQ on the PreQ site, does that mean it's a different site than their normal site? Or was I just confusing the verbage?

I didn't realize so many apps go to manual review. When I app'd Citi and Discover back in 2015, they were instant approval. Guess it depends on the bank.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 34 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re going to get instant answers on Chase and Citi, most likely. Barclay and US Bank you’re most likely to get the we will let you know message. By the way, I think you’re doing the right thing trying to get your ducks in a row before you do it and doing your investigation beforehand. And there’s many different approaches and there’s risks to every approach but I think you got this. I bet you get three out of four if not four out of four. But everything is profile specific so that doesn’t mean that would apply to anybody else, and this is simply IMHO.
Message 35 of 81
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards.html

There is a red button that says, "See if your Prequalified" - click it, enter your info, and then decide

Message 36 of 81
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Caardvark

Ah, I see now.....I had the page bookmarked for the specific Cash+ card so it didn't show it there. Your link showed me I had to back out to the All Credit Cards page.

I just looked at the sites for the other cards, browsed around, and none of the others have PreQ buttons. And the Uber is only available via the Uber phone app, which I need to download btw......going to do that now so I can get familiar with it.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 37 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I'm actually planning on going for a very similar spree to you! Except I already have the Chase cards and going for an AmEx, could you keep me posted to how they go for you too? I have slightly lower stats, and looking to see what order you go for / get approved for.

(Mod cut - not here.  This is not permitted in the forums) 

Thanks and looking forward to your results, best of luck!

Message 38 of 81
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

So as a follow up with this Uber app....I downloaded the app, registered my email, etc.

Looking through the app I see nothing that the Barclay instructions describe to find the credit card app...

Uber.PNG

So when I tap PAYMENT, there is no VIEW ALL OFFERS and there is no Payment Offers section. And most of all, there is no Apply for the Uber Visa Card.  There is an Add Promo Code and Vouchers but thats it.

Uber 2.jpg

Uber 1.jpg

Those who have done this, could you tell me how you got to the Credit Card app within the Uber app?

Thanks in advance!

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 39 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurus22 wrote:

So as a follow up with this Uber app....I downloaded the app, registered my email, etc.

Looking through the app I see nothing that the Barclay instructions describe to find the credit card app...

Uber.PNG

So when I tap PAYMENT, there is no VIEW ALL OFFERS and there is no Payment Offers section. And most of all, there is no Apply for the Uber Visa Card.  There is an Add Promo Code and Vouchers but thats it.

Uber 2.jpg

Uber 1.jpg

Those who have done this, could you tell me how you got to the Credit Card app within the Uber app?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm that's strange; for me, I see an "Apply for Uber Visa" under the Payments page. Is your app updated? I'm on iOS

Message 40 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.