Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Card W/ Cap One

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

3rd Card W/ Cap One

So back in July I tried cold apping the QuickSilver with Capital One. I already have two Cap One accounts. Both are upgraded cards. One QS1 as well as a Quicksilver. I wanted to try apping for a new card in hopes to get a non bucketed card. I was checking my reports today and noticed Cap One only pulled 1 CBR which was EQ..

Has this happened to anyone else? I am wondering why they only pulled EQ as they normally pull all 3? Hmmm someone help me figure this one out. My CRS are not frozen.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: 3rd Card W/ Cap One

I guess it can happen. My advice, with your current scores, dont try to get a "unbucketed" card right now. Youll find yourself in same place. Wait til your scores are high to get a card with better chance and high sl. Its just not worth taking a risk of 3 hps for another cc imho where as if you needed another cc, another lender might be had at 1 hp. Youll get there, dont settleSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thank you! It was definitely odd seeing that on my CRS. I am over Cap One. I am thankful but I do not want anymore of their products. Especially now that they took away the account combination feature. For now I need them for UTL% lol

Im still waiting for NFCU.. down to 66% UTL. 28.9% is coming soon 🌊 NFCU is the goal 🥅
Message 3 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CivalV wrote:
Thank you! It was definitely odd seeing that on my CRS. I am over Cap One. I am thankful but I do not want anymore of their products. Especially now that they took away the account combination feature. For now I need them for UTL% lol

Im still waiting for NFCU.. down to 66% UTL. 28.9% is coming soon 🌊 NFCU is the goal 🥅

They took away the account combination?

Message 4 of 8
CivalV
Established Contributor

Yep! Its no longer an option for everyone who so far has checked their accounts. I checked mine and its gone 😢

I planned to combine the two accounts. Hopefully they bring it back soon.
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy is a great goal. Maybe even check out US Bank. I would go for them if i was able to apply. Thankfully i cant apply for any Cap One cards, not a fan of all the hoops anywaySmiley Wink
Message 6 of 8
CivalV
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Navy is a great goal. Maybe even check out US Bank. I would go for them if i was able to apply. Thankfully i cant apply for any Cap One cards, not a fan of all the hoops anywaySmiley Wink

I’ve considered US Bank but where should my scores be when I decide to pull the trigger? 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I’ve considered US Bank but where should my scores be when I decide to pull the trigger? 

Closer to 700 if you don’t want a $500-$1000 limit for a year. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.