Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3xs cli w Amex

tag
MeN5
Regular Contributor

3xs cli w Amex

First I wanted to know how soon o can request it ? Second if my sl is 25k so I still ask for 3xs or something more reasonable like 10/15k? Anyone w experience please chime in.  One last thing my Apr is high 25.49 never have I gotten such a high Apr since my rebuild days on subprime cards how often will they decrease Apr?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
WasteMgmt
Regular Contributor

Re: 3xs cli w Amex

I think the earliest I've seen is at 61 days but the majority get the chance to increase at 91 days. As for a 25k to 75k CLI it is possible but they will likely request proof of income and access to your bank statements. I have seen some folks ask for lower APRs but with the current times I think a lot of creditors are giving higher APRs due to inflation. 

CapitalOne Venture X, CapitalOne Quicksilver, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom OG, Chase Freedom OG, Amex BCE, Wells Fargo Autograph
Last application 5/2023
Message 2 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Would this be the first CLI on that card?

As for APR, they used to lower it on occasion if one asked, but we haven't really been seeing that happen lately. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 7
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

First I wanted to know how soon o can request it ? Second if my sl is 25k so I still ask for 3xs or something more reasonable like 10/15k? Anyone w experience please chime in.  One last thing my Apr is high 25.49 never have I gotten such a high Apr since my rebuild days on subprime cards how often will they decrease Apr?

Interest rates are up across the board. Prime rate is 6.25% now and it's going to get worse before it gets better. The chances of you getting a better APR aren't 0 but they aren't good either right now.

3/3/24
Message 4 of 7
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

if you want to be extra safe just ask for 35K, if you want to chance it a little 2X might be doable but 75K in credit for Amex is very far and few.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
RockyTop_TN
New Contributor

I got the Delta Reserve Amex in January 2022.  SL of 15k.  In June 2022, asked for a CLI and went to 30k immediately.  Feel like I should've asked for higher lol.  I will probably ask for an increase in January 2023, especially since my income increased.

Message 6 of 7
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

On my BCP, I got the 3x CLI at 91 days.  My SL was 15k, so I asked for 45k, they gave me 35k instantly, and once I submitted my bank statements, they gave me the other 10k making my CL 45k (3x)

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.