Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/24 rule question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5/24 rule question

When I applied for the chase sapphire preferred, they pulled from EQ and EX. Does that count as a single pull or is that two against the 5/24? I had one other inquire do the same, they pulled from two.

I would imagine they cross compare inquiries, but don't know for sure.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5/24 rule question

Well the 5/24 rule is not in regards to inquiries...it is new accounts.

Message 2 of 5
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

5/24 is 5 new actts in 24 months auto- denial

Not sure what you mean in reference to compare inquiries but each HP is 1 inquiry on which ever CR that is pulled. So for chase sapphire preferred you got 1 HP on EX & 1 on EQ. Hope that helps

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I applied for the chase sapphire preferred, they pulled from EQ and EX. Does that count as a single pull or is that two against the 5/24? I had one other inquire do the same, they pulled from two.

I would imagine they cross compare inquiries, but don't know for sure.

I think you misunderstand the 5/24 meaning. 

It is 5 or more credit cards opened within the previous 24 months. Inquiries are not part of that rule.

But, to answer your question - in a general sense you received 2 inquiries. If a lender were to pull only 1 report, they would see only the inquiries on that report.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh. I absolutely did have that confused. I thought it was inquiries, not opened accounts. Thanks for setting me straight.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.