Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI

tag
Ms6Footer
Contributor

AMEX 3x CLI

I hit my 61 day mark so I attempted the 3xCLI and got the 7-10 notification. Then I got an email that said:

We've finished reviewing your credit limit increase request. To get the details of our decision please contact our Customer Care team at your earliest convenience by calling 1-800-535-7790.

When I called I got an automated system that said they don’t find a request for me. The office was closed and I guess I will call back tomorrow. Do you know if an automatic CLI on another AMEX last month would prevent a CLI for 6 months from that time on any other AMEX card?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3x CLI

A 7-10 day message and an invitation to call usually means a decline.

You can find out the status of your request by going to https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome_loc.do

The PCN Number is the same as the Ref Number in the e-mail you should have received after submitting your CLI request.

Message 2 of 8
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Thank you. I tried and it says no application was found using the data I entered.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ms6Footer wrote:
 Do you know if an automatic CLI on another AMEX last month would prevent a CLI for 6 months from that time on any other AMEX card?

You only get one CLI per six months, I believe.  If you got one last month on another card, you don't get one for another six months on any other AmEx.

Message 4 of 8
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Well that just sucks if that’s the case. I’ve been counting the days for my 3x CLI. Guess I can reset the date on my tracker and try again
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Auto luv from Amex does not reset cli clock. Only customer initiated requests that were approved do.
Message 6 of 8
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

Actually, this happened to me in early January on my recently opened ED.

I was a day or two past 61 and went for the 3x. Soon afterward, I received that same email as you. Called in the next morning. CSR said there was no Request for Increase that they could see. For whatever reason my request just didn't process, yet I still received that email. Anyway, I re-submitted (for me this was my second request, to AmEx it was only my first) and didn't get the full 3x, they countered with 2x which I took.

Let us know what happens with it, and good luck!

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 7 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Auto luv from Amex does not reset cli clock. Only customer initiated requests that were approved do.

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.