tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 Day 3x CLI Denied

@Ragelog wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@medo wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Good example of jumping on band wagon of trying early. Then trying at 60 days. Too bad. Should have just waited the 61 days because of true and tried method. Now it's 90 days from last attempt. 

Huh? 

Op tried at 31 days. Instead of 61 days. As many said they got earlier than61 days  Many who tried early also got denied. And it's only that.reason for denial  At 61 days. Denied because they asked in last 90 days. The band wagon of trying early. Because a few posters said they did. You got it now? 

Pretty sure some of those posters had it fail at one interval and approved at another. I have seen some request it a day or two before their 61st day do to confusion then approved when requesting it the next day. Not a big deal either way I have more credit then need just would have been nice for Avg CL per card.

I will wait awhile until June I will have had the card over 6 months at that point.

My CL is 2k. Since receiving my AMEX I have added 4 tradelines that report to the CRA's for a combined $17,100 as well as selling and buying a different vehicle. I am sure that likely had more to do with it then anything since my score had stayed about the same but AAoA and DTI have changed a little.

Good luck all. Not to mention with the loss of Costco in March 2016 I am not sure when I will use the BCE beyond rare grocery visits at qualifying stores.

Sam

Mat of that will spook em. Ive not heard much of te closure. Who will replace? Discover. .will check now. 

Message 11 of 23
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Rumor has it as Mastercard & Capital One as the partner product. This is all based on the fact Costco Canada did this starting January 2015.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 12 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Ragelog wrote:

Rumor has it as Mastercard & Capital One as the partner product. This is all based on the fact Costco Canada did this starting January 2015.

I found bt hanks. Looks like amex is the one who did not agree. Time to PC that te. To something else. Link hear to read story. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-stop-accepting-amex-cards-133314755.html

Message 13 of 23
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

• Wow, that has gotta suck. 
EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 14 of 23
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Ragelog wrote:

I don't really care but figured I would share that my 61 day CLI was denied I think it is actually day 62 or 63 I may try again tomorrow but not sure it matters. It would have been nice but it isn't needed.

I tried at 31 days and 46 days as well as others on here seemed to be having success maybe that is the reason although I am guessing it is just my score currently, AAoA and # of new accounts. 

I may try tomorrow and if nothing shelf the idea of a CLI until 180 days at the earliest.

Sincerely,

Sam

Sorry to hear that OP.  I was granted mine at 61st day.  I too tried early at day 60 I believe and was denied but didn't have to wait the 90 days.  It would take me another 18 months to successfully petition for another CLI from Amex.  I was denied every 90 days for 18 months and finally poof, approved.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 15 of 23
abhowmick18
Valued Member

since you tried repeatedly for a CLI, the internal clock would reset each time. best bet for a CLI is wait until they say you're eligible for one or 6 months before you try again. 

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried today about a week shy of the 61 day mark. I just figured since the second statement was cut ot give it a shot. Was denied. Spoke with a guy on the chat about it and the reason is I needed to wait 60 days. I told him I'm now under the impression that I have to wait another 90 days and he said something about "rest assured that is not the case, you can try again after the 60 days are up. So sometime next week I will give it a shot. I have a feeling I will be denied anyway for having to many new accounts in the last few months "7" of them. Smiley Happy

Either way I'm happy with the starting limit of 5k so no biggie

Message 17 of 23
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I've been denied 3 - 4 times since opening the ED card in November.  I should just be grateful for the card but the 3500 limit is killing me.  I keep being stubborn and klickin that luv button even though I know I gotta wait.  What's wrong with me?  Heh.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the reasons they keep declining you?

Message 19 of 23
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

I don't know it's weird I keep getting the 7-10 day message, then I get an e-mail saying I can view my decision online, and I enter all the stuff in, and it gives me an error message when I click to view the "Finalized" decision.  It's really a turn off.  Their site has been broken in a number of areas.  Address fields don't stay filled in.  I'm really turned off.  Was so excited to get approved but 3500?  I make 125k/yr and mid 700's across the board.  I guess it's the 12 new accounts from November.  ;-)  I got an Amex biz gold and a ED card same week.  Have run about 20k through them combined, and PIF'd like a dog.  No luv.  Oh well.  Wait wait wait.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.