Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Button Missing?

tag
biff-henderson
Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI Button Missing?

Thanks for posting the link. Took a shot and actually got a CLI! My BCP toy limit of $1K opened in Nov, was upped to $2K.  Better than nothing I guess. Not sure what that means about how they feel about me. BCP CLI June 11 22.png

I really wan tthe HH Surpass, and have recently been getting the "You are prequalified..." message on the card page, but am too scared to apply and get another $1k SL.

H.

Message 131 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex credit limit increase button

@collics wrote:

Is it no longer 61 days for CLI req for Amex?

Had the Delta Gold since Apr 7 and link is saying account recently opened.

Could be between 91 and 181 days now. I have first-hand experience. Waited almost the full 181 days. Maybe around 160. Granted this was my first revolver ever with Amex (BCP).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 132 of 185
collics
Established Contributor

Re: Amex credit limit increase button

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@collics wrote:

Is it no longer 61 days for CLI req for Amex?

Had the Delta Gold since Apr 7 and link is saying account recently opened.

Could be between 91 and 181 days now. I have first-hand experience. Waited almost the full 181 days. Maybe around 160. Granted this was my first revolver ever with Amex (BCP).

Thank you!

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 133 of 185
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

Amex CL upped to 6 months

All: 

I got an Amex BCP last March- 2k.  The following month I got a Delta Plat Skymiles for 2k.  I've put heavy spend on each, got the SUBs early amd PIF several times s month.  
I've read about the CLI buttons here and after I got the sky card I called them about a billing question.   This was before the stock market is what it is: I was told a CLI could be requested at 2-3 months.  
Yesterday, I still didn't see the button.  So I called.  They're now saying 6 months.  

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 134 of 185
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex CL upped to 6 months

@Suzette2 wrote:

They're now saying 6 months.  

Thanks for the info.  I'll just plan on waiting 6 months.  Glad my new Delta card is $10k... the old one was $1k so I'm not as anxious for a CLI with the new account.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 135 of 185
thatguy3
New Visitor

Re: American Express CLI

Thank you so much for the link. I just used it and increased my Amex BCP from $6k to $18k. Magical!

Message 136 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Suzette2 wrote:

All: 

I got an Amex BCP last March- 2k.  The following month I got a Delta Plat Skymiles for 2k.  I've put heavy spend on each, got the SUBs early amd PIF several times s month.  
I've read about the CLI buttons here and after I got the sky card I called them about a billing question.   This was before the stock market is what it is: I was told a CLI could be requested at 2-3 months.  
Yesterday, I still didn't see the button.  So I called.  They're now saying 6 months.  

The link may or may not be showing up, but that doesn't mean you aren't eligible/can't use the direct link posted here and see if it'll let you request before 6 months.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 137 of 185
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Suzette2 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I'll just plan on waiting 6 months.  Glad my new Delta card is $10k... the old one was $1k so I'm not as anxious for a CLI with the new account.

Yea- when I do the link, it says i'm not elegible because I 'recently opened an account' with them. 

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 138 of 185
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Suzette2 wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Suzette2 wrote:

Yea- when I do the link, it says i'm not elegible because I 'recently opened an account' with them. 

Just keep periodically checking it. You may become eligible to request in the next 2-3 months. 

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 139 of 185
Luxeedee
New Contributor

Re: Can't request an American express credit limit increase?

I can'tfind my response so I may not have responded back in the Winter. Sorry for the delay.  I'm planning to hit the Luv button again soon. I was told that my credit was too new, my file was too thin....  I'm only 3 months from having a 2 yr old card.  My Amex is officially 1 year old now.  And my 4 cards are all paid off. My scores are in the 700s. I think it's a good time to try again. Anybody see a potential snag?

Message 140 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.