Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI Request on Different Card After Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI Request on Different Card After Denial

Forum members, need your advice on a 3X AMEX CLI request.

I was denied a 3X CLI on my BCP on July 28, 2018. Score at the time was 713, with 4 inqs. Reasons given were: 1) amt currently outstanding on AMEX accounts is too high relative to the income I provided (weird as I am 100K+ annual income and balances on both cards at the time (Gold and BCP) was maybe 4-5K, with BCP utilization under 20%), but oh well... and; 2) The length of time as a customer is too short.

Not more than a few weeks later, they pre-qualified and approved me for the Platinum, and a short while later, Magnet and Delta (same day apps). Both Magnet and Delta have reached and surpassed the 61 day mark. I know from the Definitive Guide that "If you were eligible and got denied due to other factors, then you are ineligible to reapply for another 90 days since the denial date." MY QUESTION: should I pull the trigger on the 3X CLI on either Delta or Magnet, when it hasn't been quite 90 days since the BCP CLI denial? OR - should I wait the 90 days and try again for the BCP CLI? Does the 90-day restriction apply to CLI requests on ANY account, or just the one that was denied?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI Request on Different Card After Denial

All your cards are treated as one single account when it comes to CLIs, timelines apply to all cards.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
All your cards are treated as one single account when it comes to CLIs, timelines apply to all cards.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.