Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

In two years those Inquiries aren't going to matter much at all. Or even a year. Even with them falling off your report..., I'd age those accounts, keep your balances at 0 with one account reporting under 9% UTI. I think this will help you more than not getting any new Accounts in the next two years, which is a lonnng time😉. I wouldnt be afraid of applying for a new account in 9-12 months. Unless you want to be under 5/24 for a chase card. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have 3 approved referals that I have been paid for in the past 2 months, so I have the intangibles going for me  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

In two years those Inquiries aren't going to matter much at all. Or even a year. Even with them falling off your report..., I'd age those accounts, keep your balances at 0 with one account reporting under 9% UTI. I think this will help you more than not getting any new Accounts in the next two years, which is a lonnng time😉. I wouldnt be afraid of applying for a new account in 9-12 months. Unless you want to be under 5/24 for a chase card. 

Thanks for the advice Gregory, i was planning to apply for a personal loan next year which is one of the reasons I will be holding off on CC applications, because I know that obtaining a loan will impact the age of my accounts again. So for now I'm concentrating on Improving my scores while growing all three revolvers that I currently have so that when the comes for me to apply for a Chase card, my goal is to get approved for both the FU and the CSP. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did it go? Did you go for the CLI?

Wishing you good luck!
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Computer said I would get a response in 7-10 days.  I hit the chat button to ask and it was nothing but copy pasta that had little to do with a CLI.  The chat bot told me to call.   First person asked for a bunch of info then transferred me to the CLI department.  After sitting on hold five minutes someone answered and asked for a bunch of info... then told me they would transfer me to the CLI department.  After sitting on hold *another* five minutes someone answered and asked for a bunch more info... then told me they would transfer me to the CLI department.  After 5 more minutes on hold they came back and said the CLI department computers were updating and they couldn't talk to me now.  They promised I would get an email within 24 hours.  That was 24 hours ago  Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called back.  I got an Indian who informed me my request was declined.  I asked to speak about my circumstances and the lies on my credit reports and he said "sir the computer has already made the decision and your account is inneligible for any further increase consideraton for 91 days.  There is no human intervention possible in this process."

So much for hoping humans and relationships mattered.  I'll shoebox this and just use my debit card.  I am tired of making payments every 3 days to try and squeeze $1,600 of monthly spend onto a tiny $1k card.

Message 16 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry that you didnt get it. You tried your best. Its one reason if i see a call in after not getting instant, i dont call i just take the no wait for the letter and try again laterSmiley Wink Youll get eventuallySmiley Happy
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure I will get it some day.  This whole "use credit naturally and pay responsibly" guidance I keep hearing is BS, though.  Using credit naturally to me would be to put my monthly spend all on the card that offers the highest rewards.  That would be over $3,200 in spend every month for me on the AMEX BCP with the largest charge being $1,675.  I will just go back to putting precisely %7 of my limit on these crappy cards every month and PIF every statement until someone gives me a limit on a card that actually lets them make money off of me.  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.