Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green Card app declined

tag
awg420
Regular Contributor

AMEX Green Card app declined

I was approved for the AMEX BCE two weeks ago and decided to see if I could use that HP to apply for the AMEX Green Card. While I was able to use the orginal HP I was declined for the second card due to:

• The number of creditors who have reviewed your credit report.

Your FICO® score (see below)

• The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short.

Score that AMEX pulled from Experian was 660

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Green Card app declined

I got the same response when I applied for the PRG right after the ED was approved last month.

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What a weird first reason, number of creditors who have viewed your credit. Wonder if that refers to many inqs too close together before apping for Amex?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried recon with INS?
Message 4 of 9
awg420
Regular Contributor

Since being approved for the BCE I've only apped Discover and been approved. However, it doesn't look like they did another HP so the Discover shouldn't even be in question Smiley Frustrated 

Haven't tried recon yet as I apped after hours. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely do a recon.
Message 6 of 9
drboxing
Established Contributor

I applied for the Green Card and was declined, 2 months later I applied for the Delta Gold and was approved for $1000, my plan is to use the Delta, pay in full each month then in approximately 6 months I'll try for the Green again

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
What a weird first reason, number of creditors who have viewed your credit. Wonder if that refers to many inqs too close together before apping for Amex?

Doesn't that mean too many inquires..??? Excuse my ignorance...Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
awg420
Regular Contributor

I would assume it refers to INQs but it's a werid reason considering that it wasn't an issue two weeks before for a CC as opposed to a charge card. Called to do a recon and they said I'd have to wait the 30 days and would require another HP. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.