Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX New Apply With Confidence Feature

tag
InfinityKiller22
Established Member

AMEX New Apply With Confidence Feature

Hello Community, was just interested in applying for the AMEX Green Card and saw this new feature titled "Apply With Confidence" meaning that you could see if your approved for a card before taking a hard pull. I wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this new feature or used it yet?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX New Apply With Confidence Feature

Quick looks at FlyerTalk and DoC turned up nothing but I did find something on (ugh) reddit, so yes it appears to be a real thing. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/amex/comments/uxxrbl/new_preapproval_tool/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_...

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 10
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Quick looks at FlyerTalk and DoC turned up nothing but I did find something on (ugh) reddit, so yes it appears to be a real thing. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/amex/comments/uxxrbl/new_preapproval_tool/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_...

I liked that part "Well existing card members typically don't get a hard pull anyways. I've only ever had a hard pull form Amex on my very first card with them" which is good to know.  I'm a former cardholder that closed my Delta card in 2017 and just got approved for a new one a couple weeks ago.

Nice to know any future apps will be SPs.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 10
InfinityKiller22
Established Member

Ok thanks my question is, if I apply using this "Apply With Confidence Feature" and get denied does that still apply towards AMEX's rule of having to wait 

30 days before applying again? 

Message 4 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I liked that part "Well existing card members typically don't get a hard pull anyways. I've only ever had a hard pull form Amex on my very first card with them" which is good to know.  I'm a former cardholder that closed my Delta card in 2017 and just got approved for a new one a couple weeks ago.

Future apps will probably be soft pulls - the sentence you quoted mentioned "typically don't" which is accurate.  Multiple members here including myself can confirm from personal experience that AMEX can and sometimes will hard pull again when an existing cardmember applies for an additional card. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 10
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Future apps will probably be soft pulls - the sentence you quoted mentioned "typically don't" which is accurate.  Multiple members here including myself can confirm from personal experience that AMEX can and sometimes will hard pull again when an existing cardmember applies for an additional card. 

Thanks for the clarification.  Makes sense.  No plans to apply for any additional cards for the time being anyway... want to build a solid payment history (again) and wait for the PR to fall off before I go down that road.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Not always the case. I've been he'd after already being a member. YMMV always in credit.

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@InfinityKiller22 wrote:

Ok thanks my question is, if I apply using this "Apply With Confidence Feature" and get denied does that still apply towards AMEX's rule of having to wait 

30 days before applying again? 

Yes.

Message 8 of 10
InfinityKiller22
Established Member

Hello Everyone Update, I just recently got approved for the AMEX Green Card using the "Apply With Confidence Feature", I'm excited. Thanks for the advice from everyone on this forum!!!

Message 9 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congratulations @InfinityKiller22    Going to go ahead and close this thread to further replies, but please feel free to start a new thread in Credit Card Approvals.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.