Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLATINUM

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PLATINUM

Was approved for WF propel Amex w a good limit . Score pulled was transunion fico 9 -712. ... do i have a good shot at getting Amex platinum ? Or should i wait and keep building  up score ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PLATINUM

Hard to say. Try the AMEX prequal tool?

Message 2 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

What is your Experian FICO 8 score?  What other cards do you have and how old are they?  Any derogatory information?  How many cards have you opened up in the past 6, 12, 24 months?

Amex Platinum has a fairly low bar for underwriting, but without any of that info it's hard to even make a calculated guess.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 8 is like 666 (low) 😑 1 collection from 4 years ago paid off. 1 current  car loan 2 previous 1 paid off . Never missed a payment. Only 1 credit card that i applied for jus recently  before that it was almost 4 years ago since I've applied 

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico 8 is like 666 (low) 😑 1 collection from 4 years ago paid off. 1 current  car loan 2 previous 1 paid off . Never missed a payment. Only 1 credit card that i applied for jus recently  before that it was almost 4 years ago since I've applied 

Approval is possible but AMEX prefers scores to be in the 690 range for Platinum approval.     It's up to you but I would work on letting that collection age some more and your score improve before applying.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
DONZI
Established Contributor

I took a pre-approved deal from amex on the BCE (postal mail offer, and applied via postal mail since it's one of the few pre-qualified offers that actually include an old school paper app..) and checked "Menu" --> "Cards" --> "Check for Pre-qualified Credit Card Offers" every time I logged into the website.

It was basically dead until roughly 2 months passed -- first statement cut, HP for the BCE app, etc.

I began to see offers/apps with "YOU'RE PREAPPROVED" for some cards and "Expanding your membership" for others. Eventually I'd see solid offers for everything IIRC.

I just app'd and was approved for a charge card (waiting for physical card now) and all the offers are back to the "Expanding .. is easy" verbage for everything again. Seems like amex pre-qual voodoo likes some settling time.

It is perhaps the WF Propel needs to get broken-in a couple months before the amex PQ offers loosen up.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.