AMEX Pulled SUB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Pulled SUB

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Within what timespan did these applications and subs occur?

13 months

Was the most recent app within 90 days? I found the following info:

"Another important restriction to keep in mind is that you cannot get a sign-up bonus if you’ve gotten a new Amex card within 90 days of your application. While you can apply for two cards within a three month period, you probably won’t want to because you won’t get bonuses for both cards."

Source: https://www.rewardexpert.com/blog/american-express-application-rules-will-you-get-a-sign-up-bonus/

I got 4 Amex SUBs in less than 90 days.

Message 21 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

7 Revolvers?? I thought you could only have 4. 

It is a general rule, although some get to be outliers .. I have been with American Express since the 1980's.

I did close (1) revolver so down to six now.

I am pretty sure there are other MF'ers with 6 .. possibly 7 revolvers. It is a YEMV thing.

Message 22 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

13 months

"Another important restriction to keep in mind is that you cannot get a sign-up bonus if you’ve gotten a new Amex card within 90 days of your application. While you can apply for two cards within a three month period, you probably won’t want to because you won’t get bonuses for both cards."

Source: https://www.rewardexpert.com/blog/american-express-application-rules-will-you-get-a-sign-up-bonus/

LUCKY!

Message 23 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

7 Revolvers?? I thought you could only have 4. 

You can have as many as your income and credit can support. Most people can't get past 5 though.

+1

Message 24 of 31
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

13 months

I got my gold and Delta Platinum almost back to back. Got both subs over the last couple of weeks.

This article is 4 years old so maybe the information is not accurate anymore. Or maybe they've relaxed the restriction, but still draw the line at 4 SUBS within a year?

Message 25 of 31
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

13 months

Well there goes my theory lol 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets see... January saw me pick up Biz Gold, Biz Green, BBC, and BBP; all enhanced refferal bonuses, all received. Also got enhanced SUB on Schwab Investor in November, but was denied for BCP in Jan. Reasoning stated was that "you have reached the maximum number of cards we will approve within a short time span. Please re-apply after a little while." No pop-ups.

Message 27 of 31
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I received an offer for the BBP, extra points for $2k spend and 0%apr. I was pre-approved. Hit the accept button and this flashed on the screen.

Screenshot_2020-04-10 American Express Cash Magnet® Card Application.png

I have 2 personal revolvers , Amex Gold and Hilton Honors Surpass. I have 2 business cards, the Green and Amazon.

I received SUBs on all. All accounts remain open and in good standing. I have never used Amex for a balance transfer.

Yes, I took advantage of 4 welcome offers. Just last month I paid a $95 annual fee.

WTH?

I ran into this in late Feb. when I went to app for Cash Magnet, which was showing pre-approval. I canceled the app, not interested without a Welcome Offer. And I've only opened 2 Amex cards in the last 3 years, BCE in April 2017 and Everyday in Feb. 20218. But what might have triggered it was last June I accepted an offer to upgrade my BCE to Preferred with $250 bonus for $1k spend. And then in August Amex offered me a free Plan It, I put just over $1k on it (most of it the $1k spend I did for the upgrade bonus) for the max 18 months they offered - no fee, no interest, why not?

But what I did was call the # they gave for phone apps. The rep & I had a good conversation and she didn't see a reason why I should be bojo'd from Welcome Offers and assured me if she got the No Welcome Offer message I could cancel, so I let her app for me. Instant approval, I've done the $1k spend and got the $150 SUB and then moved $3200 to it in BTs for the 15 months 0%, moved $5k CL to it from Everyday and canceled Everyday. I probably won't get anymore Welcome offers now for some time, no problem as I rarely travel and just want cashback cards.

Message 28 of 31
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was the fifth that got me.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It was the fifth that got me.

I am working on my 8th Amex SUB right now. Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.