cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Credit Card Application - How long to process?

tag
HO8X7696
Valued Member

AOD Credit Card Application - How long to process?

I decided to join aodfcu for the great rates.  Applied for for checking,  savings,  and credit card. How long does it take for them to reach out to you? I applied just a couple days ago on the 9th, and is there a number I could call to get info on my application? The number they list on there website just rings endlessly, so not sure if that is the only way to get in contact with them?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: AOD Credit Card Application - How long to process?

It's an amazing card! I've done a couple large purchases on the card, and the 3% cash back is simply awesome - absolutely loving the card! The application process was not really long when I look back on it, yet what I do know it was hella worth it. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You applied right before the weekend, so they probably didn't get moving on it until Monday morning. They processed my application in about 2 days, so I expect you shouldn't have to wait much longer.

Message 3 of 17
GrainFan
New Contributor

@SPChaser Somewhat unrelated but do you know if having the AOD checking/savings helps when trying to get the 3% card? In other words, will banking with them now improve my chances of getting the card later?

Message 4 of 17
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@GrainFan   Since AOD is a CU, you have no choice but to have checking/savings with them for membership. Membership only requires a SP and membership to the NEABA ($5 fee, which I did before applying for CU membership), so getting in the door would be a major first step. Depending on how you feel about your profile, you can choose to app for the CC immediately after membership, or build some time with them, either way.  Expect to be asked for a lot of information when applying for the CC.....POI, DL, first born child, etc. (they really have gotten more strict since the initial myFICO wave) But altogether, an excellent CU to get involved with. Great auto-financing rates, great 2.5% Kasasa checking account, and very friendly staff.

This link could provide more information....

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/The-Anniston-Tidal-Wave-AOD-FCU-Approvals-Thr...

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 5 of 17
GrainFan
New Contributor

@Taurus22 Thanks for the info! I know the CC app is very rigorous, especially with the selfie and all. The AOD 3% card is definitely one of my goal cards, so I'm thinking of just getting the membership out of the way and applying down the road when I have no new accounts, inquiries, and more stable income. I don't think their checking accounts have much in the way of monthly fees or minimum balances, but more research is needed. Hopefully the card is still around by the time I can feasibly get it 

Message 6 of 17
randian
Valued Member

Excellent question. I applied last week and just got notice I was approved for membership, so around 6 days.

They haven't said anything at all about my Visa Sig application, so that's a little bothersome. A branch manager sent an email about calling to fund the account (why no online ACH?), maybe I'll ask them when they call.

Their checking accounts aren't actively bad like BofA's accounts, but not exciting in any respect either. I see no reason to dump my Alliant CU checking, since it still has faster ACH than almost anybody else, pays a bit of interest, and reimburses out of network ATM fees.

Message 7 of 17
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@GrainFan  looks like you have some great answers there; better than I could've said. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 8 of 17
HO8X7696
Valued Member

How do you sign up for online banking once approved?

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the "AOD Membership Documents" DocuSign email are credentials to login.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.