Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Signature denial

tag
jcooks
Established Contributor

AOD Visa Signature denial

Last night I was denied for the AOD Visa Signature due to number of accounts with delinquency on credit bureau report and length of time of revolving accounts have been established.  Does anyone have their number to recon?  All I'm seeing online is phone numbers to branches. 

My AAoA is 2y 9m

2 new cards from March and April (also a business card in May but that doesn't show)

Equifax has 2 inquiries (1 is AOD for membership and another is from Paypal and falling off this month)

My report shows 3 cards and 1 lease that had late payments, but those lates are almost 5 years old. 

I haven't calculated DTI, but income is 80k, <1% utilization, $3500 on Amex charge card, which has been paid since statement was cut.  Other than that I owe $6k on a car loan.

I'm going to call to recon, but what are some thoughts on this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: AOD Visa Signature denial

They are tough with perfect credit.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 10
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

My DW was just denied for too high of DTI. They really don't like self employment income. To recon she simply talked to an assistant branch manger. 

They did end up approving her for $5k but that is half of her lowest CL. So in other words, they can be tough.

Message 3 of 10
jcooks
Established Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

My DW was just denied for too high of DTI. They really don't like self employment income. To recon she simply talked to an assistant branch manger. 

They did end up approving her for $5k but that is half of her lowest CL. So in other words, they can be tough.

Did she speak to any of the branch managers?  I can only see different phone numbers to the branches.

Message 4 of 10
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

Did she speak to any of the branch managers?  I can only see different phone numbers to the branches.

She talked to an assistant manager. Has no one reached out to you?

Message 5 of 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

AOD is an extremely conservative regional CU. They are sensitive to new accts/inquiries, DTI, SL, and delinquencies. I don't think recon will be successful, but good luck. Call 800-637-0299, tell them you would like a manager to recon card decision.

Message 6 of 10
jcooks
Established Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

@jcooks wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

She talked to an assistant manager. Has no one reached out to you?

No on reached out, just through email

Message 7 of 10
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings jcooks ~ Is there any way possible to contact the trade lines about the late payments -and- obtain goodwill letters to remove them? Wishing you success in obtaining the AOD Visa Signature approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They have became very conservative since they have the best cash back card out there and they can choose whom they want.  You mentioned you have baddies on your CR that alone now can get you denied.  I speculate if one still lives truely in their area of service it is alot easier to get approved for meaning their target audience even with flaws( as average FICO for their geo print is around 680ish).  Alot of people with higher DTI, lower scores, baddies initially got approved for first few weeks, once they realized they became the card of choice they started to clamp down.  Now you can have 800+ scores and easily get denied for many reasons.  The best CB all around card with a Fixed low APR can't be beat.  Sorry about your denial, but doubtful it will be overturned.  Although certainly doesn't hurt to try.  Just glad I got in during the early days although had a good file, would of been turned down now if I was to apply due to changes in UW.  

Message 9 of 10
jcooks
Established Contributor

Well pooper scooper I made a blooper.  I tried calling the rep that had sent me all the docusign info.  I left her a message to call me back and I even emailed to her to see if there's any way to reconsider even with lower limit and/or higher apr.  Haven't gotten a call/email back yet.  If anything, this will just give me more incentive to get my scores up.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.