Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLYING FOR CREDIT AT THE END OF THE MONTH

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPLYING FOR CREDIT AT THE END OF THE MONTH

Hi Guys!! At the end of the month ...my two Primaries...will be at both 6 months in age..

MJC 5K Limit($0 BALANCE)

OpenSky $200 Card

Discover AU 9.5K 7.5 YEARS AGE

AMEX AU 20K

Experian will have only 1 Inquiry....

Once i pay down my opensky,,,im pretty sure i will be like 710-740 FICO

I am going to pay down my opensky card to less than a $5 balance...my goal is to get a AMEX BCE..you guys think i have a good chance?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: APPLYING FOR CREDIT AT THE END OF THE MONTH

Have you tried prequal on their website?

Not having one doesn't mean you wouldn't get approved, but having one is a nice indicator it might happen. 

Do you have any negatives on your CR? 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thanks for applying to me.experian is clean..no baddies and no lates..when i do the prequalification...zero offers show up

@Remedios wrote:

Have you tried prequal on their website?

Not having one doesn't mean you wouldn't get approved, but having one is a nice indicator it might happen. 

Do you have any negatives on your CR? 

Message 3 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

What's the age of your oldest account? 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the time i Apply..the age of my oldest primary will be 6 months..both my primaries will be 6 months

Message 5 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I would wait a bit longer. Without AU accounts, you wouldn't even have a FICO score quite yet.

Amex is not averse to young files, but I'd wait unless you dont mind $500 approval, without SUB, and highest APR.

Another lender that's not averse to young files is Discover. 

I'm not sure if you tried their prequal. 

I think if you have one, you should grab it (as long as it aligns with your spending),wait 6 months if approved, then go knocking on Amex's door. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!! Discover is on my mind as well...my income is over 70K...so i hope the limit wouldnt be $500,,,scared of the whole 4506-t thing from Discover..but i can def try it

@Remedios wrote:

I would wait a bit longer. Without AU accounts, you wouldn't even have a FICO score quite yet.

Amex is not averse to young files, but I'd wait unless you dont mind $500 approval, without SUB, and highest APR.

Another lender that's not averse to young files is Discover. 

I'm not sure if you tried their prequal. 

I think if you have one, you should grab it (as long as it aligns with your spending),wait 6 months if approved, then go knocking on Amex's door. 

Message 7 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

IMHO, I dont think you would be approved for an AmX BCE because your credit profile is extremely thin.

Also, what is MJC?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

My Jewelers Club?

Message 9 of 12
MrPepperoni
Regular Contributor

I am trying to apply for this card too in the end of the month, probably on the same day with Citi Costco to get both. I saw profiles here who is getting approved for BCE at 8 months of history and good limits like  4-8k..

Moved to the US in August 2018.
Applied for Citi Costco in November 2018 - Denied due to lack of history (no history).
Started building credit in January 2019. Please hover over each card:

Also have Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold (6 months old, $11k limit)
Bilt Credit Card (6 months old, $2k limit)
Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (1 month old, $16k limit)
Two paid off auto loans ($20.5K and $15.7K)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.