Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED: CSP Recon Recommended for Approval by Lending Department

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED: CSP Recon Recommended for Approval by Lending Department

Stepped out of the garden yesterday to go for the CSP card. Apped and received the 7-14 day message. Called backdoor number and was transferred to the lending dept. Was told app was denied due to too many cards opened within the past 2 years. Explained that on two of my new cards I'm only listed as an AU becuase those brought me up to 5/24, but also that I've never used them. Was put on hold mutilple times for around 40 minutes total while they asked for income/employer information and a few questions on some BADDIES from a few years ago and about recent credit inquiries.

Eventually, I was told he would be recommending me for approval for $5K but it needs to go through a final approval which can take up to 24-48 hours.

So far, nothing new is showing on my chase online account and backdoor number is still saying it is still being reviewed.

Has anyone had a similar experience when applying for CSP or any other Chase cards? I'm really hoping this is approved but would like to know what everyone's thoughts are. EX FICO 08 is currently at 697.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Recon Recommended for Approval by Lending Department?

I don't have any experience with this but I just wanted to say good luck!

Message 2 of 10
thummel
Established Contributor

It could go either way at this point. In my opinion though a 697 EX score for a CSP is a little on the low side. But I wish you the best of luck!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! The UW in the lending dept did say he was recommending it for approval, so I'm really hoping this goes through without any other issues. It's been 24 hours and no new updates so hopefully I receive good news soon.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure you've already tried this, but in case you haven't.. Looks like you already have a Chase card. Log into your Chase account to see if the CSP shows up. When I was approved my my CSP, it appeared in my account almost immediately. Chase is very very quick on updating your accounts page. Same thing for a PC, it's almost instant. Good luck on the approval. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called backdoor yesterday. Said app was denied due to short credit history (weird because oldest card is 11 years old and AAoA is 4.3 years). Pushed for recon again and after another hour long call of various credit and employer questions and hold times, was APPROVED for 5K!! Card is already showing on my online account and should be receiving in 2-3 business days! Very excited because this is my first 5k CA card (highest before was 2k).

Time to reenter the garden Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Called backdoor yesterday. Said app was denied due to short credit history (weird because oldest card is 11 years old and AAoA is 4.3 years). Pushed for recon again and after another hour long call of various credit and employer questions and hold times, was APPROVED for 5K!! Card is already showing on my online account and should be receiving in 2-3 business days! Very excited because this is my first 5k CA card (highest before was 2k).

Congrats.

Edit: To erase Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Way to press forward on the recon. Congrats. Good luck in the garden.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED: CSP Recon Recommended for Approval by Lending Department

Thanks! This is the one card I wanted the most so I'm glad I was able to grab it Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.