Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accurate APR on Discover Pre Approval?

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Accurate APR on Discover Pre Approval?

I went to the Discover Pre qual site as I was looking for a cashback card that matches my spend. I was pre approved for the cashback card with an 11.9% APR. It was not a range it was that APR. I would love this card and dont normally carry balances but this is the lowest APR I have ever been offered. Im just curious if others have found the cards/APR you are pre approved for are what you get when you pull the trigger.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Accurate APR on Discover Pre Approval?

@belle6m2k wrote:

I went to the Discover Pre qual site as I was looking for a cashback card that matches my spend. I was pre approved for the cashback card with an 11.9% APR. It was not a range it was that APR. I would love this card and dont normally carry balances but this is the lowest APR I have ever been offered. Im just curious if others have found the cards/APR you are pre approved for are what you get when you pull the trigger.

Disco is usually spot on...So yes the apr listed on the prequal should be 99.9% accurate. Unless something somehow changes in your profile within a very minut timeframe. I just did a prequal a couple weeks ago for IT and it was indeed the 11.99 lowest apr offered. 

I would say go for it! 😁

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 2 of 7
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Go for it if you want the card. Good luck, and keep up posted.

Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@belle6m2k wrote:

@belle6m2k, I would say; .. it is a solid offer!

Message 4 of 7
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

count.gif

Message 5 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck. Hope to read of your approval!
Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Should be good. I think Disco offers aprs like their cli as there is no method to their madness.  I already had a Disco and when i got my Chrome through the prequal, my first mind you, even with 730+ Fico still got hsnded a 25% apr. How people get their lowest off the bat is beyond me but good thing about Disco is they will lower apr upon request Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.