Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aged Off Discovers Black List

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Aged Off Discovers Black List

I believe you look more responsible if you file BK , where a collection appears less responsible especially unpaid.

As I originally mentioned Disco will forgive after BK and a little longer if it's a paid collection as others have chimed in with me from experience. 

They are not elephants like chase, Amex  and Barclays.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

if somehow discover doesnt extend a credit to you then dont worry..there are many cards out there from other lenders which are way better than discover...besides, discover is not the same as it used to be 2 yrs ago or prior to that..

Message 12 of 37

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Discover doesn't have a long memory lol . There are several members who have gotten discover after including them in BK 2-3 years out .

The OP did not say he did a BK which would be a discharge of the debt. The OP stated that he paid the old account. A BK may allow people back in but I have yet to see a paid CO that allowed someone back into Discover. I wonder who's memory is in question.

Thanks

Mark

I had an unpaid CO with Discover, a little less than $500, it aged off from my reports, and I was able to get the secured card, it graduated after 12 months with a $2500 CL, so it is possible.

Message 13 of 37
jcooks
Established Contributor

I have a charge off with Discover about 10 years ago, and I get preapprovals for 2 unsecured cards.  I never applied, I tend to check preapprovals just to see if I can.  Same time I did burn Chase as well, and I got back in with them last year with a CFF and a CSP.

Message 14 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@highlow1  I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the message you're seeing may not mean you're off the internal BL but instead that new delinquency moved as number 1 reason why you don't have the pre-approval.

Message 15 of 37
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your Disco love post charge off. 

I IIB Discover many years ago. 7 years post BK I tried my luck at a preapporval and low and behold I was approved for $14.000. Between years 7-10 I tried once for a CLI and was denied with "previous derogatory account". So when my BK was off all the credit reports I tried again and was given a $2,000 CLI. The language about previous derog was no longer used. 

JR
Message 16 of 37
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

I have heard also that it looks better that you have a BK and a fresh start rather than a CO. A CO is not wiping the debt out and has the impression you are running away from your still valid debts. 

JR
Message 17 of 37
highlow1
Valued Member

FINALLY!!!! I got the pre-approval!!!!! Good things come in time lol! Applying today and doing a $500 secured deposit!

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 9.31.20 AM.png

Scores as of 02/08/2022

Message 18 of 37
collics
Established Contributor

Congrats @highlow1 ! Happy this worked out for you! 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 19 of 37
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Looks like there's hope for me yet. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.