Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska airlines cc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alaska airlines cc

I keep getting Alaska airlines offers in the mail. What you think my approval chances are? I have 747 scores on all aaoa 1.2 yrs no negatives. I pay in full. But have 9 new accounts in last 2 yrs. Utilization is 11 percent
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alaska airlines cc

Do you currently have a banking or investment relationship with BoA or Merrill?

Of those 9 new accounts, how many were opened in the past 6-12 months?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no accounts with BoA.
In 6 months 1 new account 3 inquiries. 3 in the last year. I actually only have 7 credit card accounts. The other 2 are auto loans. 1 auto loan I paid off.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how strict BoA is with their UW, but they do take into consideration current relationship. So not hgaving one can be a plus, if it isn't exactly a great one. I get offer all the time, or used to. But because they aren't my main Bank, I don't have much there. Thus I'm not beneficial enough to them. 

Before you commit I would suggest that you read up on their recent devaluatuions that have been happening. I once thought about getting this card as I fly Alaska more than other Airlines. But with each passing year it seems to be come less attractive. The companion fare is still a nice perk for some, but I travel alone. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'm going to call and ask if I have to have an account. I could use Alaska airlines living in Hawaii to fly to west coast.
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Approved-Alaska-airlines-Visa-signature/m-p/5...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.