Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx 3X CLI Denied at 61 days due to BK7 on file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx 3X CLI Denied at 61 days due to BK7 on file

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve also seen anecdotal evidence on here that Amex will approve with a BK showing but that CLIs are tough until it’s gone. Just treat them well and keep at it and the time will come. They’re a great lender regardless of limit and when they grow, they grow big.

Thanks!!! Yes. I believe I’ve seen some postings to that effect in the past too. And I will practice patience and they will grow with me over time!!!  Hopefully they will give me my second card soon!!! 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be surprised if they didn’t. Once they’re comfortable with your spend/pay patterns they’ll usually make more cards available, often regardless of score. Hell, I got BCP and Gold with a 656, which casual reading of approvals here would suggest is a “don’t even bother” score for core cards. I have no doubt others will be offered before long!
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would be surprised if they didn’t. Once they’re comfortable with your spend/pay patterns they’ll usually make more cards available, often regardless of score. Hell, I got BCP and Gold with a 656, which casual reading of approvals here would suggest is a “don’t even bother” score for core cards. I have no doubt others will be offered before long!

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I’m looking forward to those days!!!!

Message 13 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Everything is Possy PossySmiley Wink
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Everything is Possy PossySmiley Wink

Yes sir AJC!!! It’s Possy! And I’m holding on to that!!!!

Message 15 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Your response will be the same. Ive had my biz acts for a year now, and Ive tried 3 times since opening, all the same decline letters...."you have a bankruptcy present on your credit reports".

Theres been folks who have amex post BK, and have said their limits won't and haven't budged due to same reason.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Your response will be the same. Ive had my biz acts for a year now, and Ive tried 3 times since opening, all the same decline letters...."you have a bankruptcy present on your credit reports".

Theres been folks who have amex post BK, and have said their limits won't and haven't budged due to same reason.

Thanks Pizza! Good info to know! I was misguided in thinking that bc my SL was a little higher they would be more inclined to grant me increases. But, that's ok if they don't. As long as I can get a second or third card, I will be happy. 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know that AMEX doesn't like to give CLI to those with a BK on record. I guess I got lucky with my Cash Magnet!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't know that AMEX doesn't like to give CLI to those with a BK on record. I guess I got lucky with my Cash Magnet!

Thanks Saeren! Intesting DP. Maybe it just takes time for some to be able to get the CLI, while others are given theirs earlier. 

Do you mind my asking ..

How old is your Cash Magnet?

At what point did you receive the CLI?

How old is your BK7?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Saeren! Intesting DP. Maybe it just takes time for some to be able to get the CLI, while others are given theirs earlier. 

Do you mind my asking ..

How old is your Cash Magnet?

At what point did you receive the CLI?

How old is your BK7?

Magnet was approved 6/7 (yes, last month), approved for $1K. CLI request was made before receiving the card and was granted for the full $3K I asked for. 

BK7 8/2010

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.