Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx ED CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx ED CLI Denied

Shucks you guys, after being denied my initial 61/2 I decided to try my luck again.. got the same answer Smiley Sad

"Your relationship with Amex is too recent" - is September 2019 really still that new? Smiley Indifferent 

08_03_20_20_26.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AmEx ED CLI Denied

That is unfortunate. Hope you get better luck next time.
Message 2 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear.. Lending environment isnt favorable right now for many.   Hopefully next time around

Message 3 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry, OP. Technically I guess it could be considered too new as it's been less than a year. Also the current economic downturn isn't helping.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Shucks you guys, after being denied my initial 61/2 I decided to try my luck again.. got the same answer Smiley Sad

"Your relationship with Amex is too recent" - is September 2019 really still that new? Smiley Indifferent 

08_03_20_20_26.png

Was there any other reason given?  Because considering you have opened 11 CCs in a year, I'm really surprised that wasnt given as a reason. And you may want to slow your roll because Synchrony is known to axe their cards for no reason at all. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry OPSmiley Sad  .. lenders have purse strings very tightSmiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 13
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you wait 91 days from your initial CLI denial?

Amex is tightening up, as are most lenders and CLI's are not common without a strong profile and sufficiant usage. I was recently denied a CLI on my ED as well, because i rarely use the card.

Try again in another 91 days, but i wouldn't expect much until this economic situation improves.

|  
Message 7 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry about that....I would be inclined to say it's a economic timing thing not a "you" timing thing

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

08_03_20_20_26.png

Was there any other reason given?  Because considering you have opened 11 CCs in a year, I'm really surprised that wasnt given as a reason. And you may want to slow your roll because Synchrony is known to axe their cards for no reason at all. 

That was the only reason, I chuckled. It didn't even have my Experian score pulled/showing.

My Sync cards are ironically my most used cards, that offer the best cashback for my spending. 

Message 9 of 13
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I'd just like to echo the sentiments expressed earlier. Lay low with Synchrony. From the time a few years ago when they started with the blue envelopes, to their rampant card closures I would definitely tread lightly and avoid poking that bear as much as possible. They, as well as Amex, can be very finicky in the most confusing ways.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.