Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequalification Applications List

tag
Vector3D
Established Member

Prequalification Applications List

Please feel free to correct me if this exists somewhere already and I'm just not aware of it...

I wanted to make a list of companies that do soft-pull prequalifications (specifically, those that you can apply for instead of those that are initiated by the company and sent to you, whether by mail or email or whatever).  I can't find a list like this anywhere and figured maybe this information could be helpful, especially for those rebuilding or trying to save hard-pulls for Chase cards or whatever the case may be.

As of right now, the only companies I am aware of that allow you to prequalify (note: this does not mean pre-approval by any means) are:

American Express

Capital One

Discover

I'm sure there must be others that I don't know about.  I do remember Citi used to have an online portal for this but it seems the link now says the prequalify application is no longer available.

I would like to add more to this list and keep it updated as things evolve, if that's possible and if that's okay with the mods?  If anyone would like, we can also make a list of which specific cards can be prequalified for within these companies.  Also, perhaps making a list of preapproval companies and cards could be useful as well?

Currently Rebuilding, AZEO (EQ FICO 697 | TU FICO 714 | EX FICO8 707 as of May 2022) (Was 493 in early 2019), Goal Score: 750
Last derog paid 12/31/20!!!!!!

Current Cards/Loans:

Old Student Loans - ~$10,000 (Opened 2010, 2011 - Rehabilitated from Default in 2020)
New Student Loans - ~$3,000 (Opened 2021)

Previous Cards/Loans:

Goal Cards:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Prequalification Applications List

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't you EVER leave out the BB&T train. How dare you! lol

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

especially for those rebuilding or trying to save hard-pulls for Chase cards or whatever the case may be.”

If you are referring to the Chase 5/24 rule, please note that this pertains to 5 new accounts / 24 months not 5 inquiries.  That confuses a lot of people at first including myself.  Welcome to the forums, glad you are here! 🙂

Message 4 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned on 2nd post of this thread a list already exist with a hyperlink to it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.