Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

Hello all!

I tried to search for my answer but came up empty handed so I'll ask here. I'm debating applying for the card but noticed it's through Chase Bank and they have a strict 5/24 policy. Is that just with the Chase branded cards or is there an exclusion for a "store card" like the Prime Rewards Sig Visa?

Thanks in advance. I haven't posted much but I've lurked for quite some time. You are all an amazingly helpful group. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

It used to be for only Chase’s “core” cards like CSP, Freedom, etc.  But now the 5/24 has extended to ALL Chase cards unfortunately. If you really want an Amazon card, though, there’s nothing wrong with the regular Amazon Store card. The simplicity of setting it up with your Amazon account and then forgetting about it is kind of nice. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

It used to be for only Chase’s “core” cards like CSP, Freedom, etc.  But now the 5/24 has extended to ALL Chase cards unfortunately. If you really want an Amazon card, though, there’s nothing wrong with the regular Amazon Store card. The simplicity of setting it up with your Amazon account and then forgetting about it is kind of nice. 

Yeah - I thought that too. Until my app was declined. All scores above 700 (FICO 8) and I have a 3 year old Synchrony Card with a $5k (up from original $500, including a $2k bump in the last 30 days) limit that I've never missed a payment on (Discount Tire, I've purchased 3 sets of tires and paid them all off over the years) and has a $0 balance currently. I'm baffled.

Message 3 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Yeah - I thought that too. Until my app was declined. All scores above 700 (FICO 8) and I have a 3 year old Synchrony Card with a $5k (up from original $500, including a $2k bump in the last 30 days) limit that I've never missed a payment on (Discount Tire, I've purchased 3 sets of tires and paid them all off over the years) and has a $0 balance currently. I'm baffled.

Sorry about the denial! But if you’re at or over 5/24, the Chase card is probably out. There’s always the future though. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 7
GenesisLS
Valued Member

@AdvntRRS wrote:

Sorry for the denial. Synchrony just hates some people... like ME. I have never had a card or done any business with them and they wouldn't approve me for a secured card if I put 2000% of my CL down as collateral. Weird. I just completely quit looking at anything Sync for life. And since the other Amazon option is chase and I haven't been 5/24... in my life... I guess no Amazon soup for me. Ehh... they probably won't be around in a few years anyway Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

The problem with the regular store card, and why I’m waiting to be below 5/24 is with the chase you get 5% back at whole foods. If one does not shop at Whole Foods, not a big deal, if one does, the chase card is better. 

Message 6 of 7
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

I applied for that card little over a year ago was denined but offered a 300 limit store i took it now its at 10k 

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.