Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime VS

tag
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Amazon Prime VS

So I submitted this app last week and have been calling the 1800 number and the robolady keeps telling me 7-14 day message. I called again and still the same waiting message, well today I finally spoke with a rep and was told it was declined because "to many recent new accounts". This is interesting because 1) I didn't think that the Amazon card fell under the 5/24 rule/ 2) I only have 1 new account in the last 24 months which was actually my Walmart card converting to the MC version from the SC so nothing I actually even applied for but it still shows as a new account.

All my score are over 700 and between all the CRA I only have 7 or 8 inquiries. Of course they said they are sending out a letter. Has anyone experienced being told this when you know for a fact you have no new accounts? If so should I wait until I receive the letter to recon?

9 REPLIES 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime VS

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

So I submitted this app last week and have been calling the 1800 number and the robolady keeps telling me 7-14 day message. I called again and still the same waiting message, well today I finally spoke with a rep and was told it was declined because "to many recent new accounts". This is interesting because 1) I didn't think that the Amazon card fell under the 5/24 rule/ 2) I only have 1 new account in the last 24 months which was actually my Walmart card converting to the MC version from the SC so nothing I actually even applied for but it still shows as a new account.

All my score are over 700 and between all the CRA I only have 7 or 8 inquiries. Of course they said they are sending out a letter. Has anyone experienced being told this when you know for a fact you have no new accounts? If so should I wait until I receive the letter to recon?

I would call back and tell them that you only opened up 1 account in the last 24 months. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Call recon! When I called because my app when pending with the 30 days notice, they told my reason for denial was that my oldest revolver account was under 1-years old. So yeah call and see what they can do.

Message 3 of 10
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Okay so I called the recon line and kept being placed on hold. Well I happen to get home and find the denial letter from chance which stated "to many new accounts with us". So the CA kept placing me on hold reviewing, confirm my personal info, etc... then he asked if I usually PIF or make payments. I told him I generally PIF and then he asked why I have balances reporting. I told him those balance are my statements that have closed this month and I have already submitted payments but they have not updated on the CB's. Then he asked why I have so many inquiries in the the last two years, I asked him how many are reporting and he said 5. I told him most were request for CLI's. 

Final result: still declined due to too much available credit. Guys I'm around ~$60K so no way am I overextended and only owe $1,300 across all cards which will be paid by September. They said I would receive another denial in the mail in 2 weeks. Any advise guys? 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does your income look like? Any other obvious debt payments on the credit report?

Also, I assume you checked your reports to ensure nothing unusual is going on? I got a denial earlier this year due to a TU mixed file; is it possible there is a mistake on your report?

Message 5 of 10
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

My income is $190,000. Only debt on my credit report besides small cc balance is a $79K auto loan which I've had two years now with no missed payments. Own home mortgage free - and I have FICO monitoring so get updates daily. No baddies, nothing strange reporting. I'm really at a loss on this. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very strange. I assume you got the first denial letter and verified that all information on the original denial letter was correct (name and address spelling, SSN, etc.?) Did this give the Chase Card Acquisition Risk score?

I'm at a bit of a loss, but I'm generally surpised your individual credit lines are as low as they are. Split file would be my best guess at this point, but maybe someone else will have a guess.

Message 7 of 10
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very strange. I assume you got the first denial letter and verified that all information on the original denial letter was correct (name and address spelling, SSN, etc.?) Did this give the Chase Card Acquisition Risk score?

I'm at a bit of a loss, but I'm generally surpised your individual credit lines are as low as they are. Split file would be my best guess at this point, but maybe someone else will have a guess.

Everything was verified and correct. The letter just said they pulled EX but gave no score. I did ask the CSR and he could not tell me over the phone and the next letter I receive will have that information listed. I only started really getting into credit in 2013/2014 and within the last year has my income gone to where it is. The limits I have no are almost all original from my 2013/2014 approvals. It wasn't until this month I started looking at CLI's and new cards to get higher CL (recent CapOne Venture approval at 20K).

I just can't see from what perspective Chase is looking at this from. I've banked with them for 10 years now and can't get this card or a CLI on existing. I know they're touch to crack but this seems crazy.

Has anyone ever had luck doing a secondary recon with them?

Message 8 of 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

I would do the following:

Either go to the branch and speak with a banker. They goal would be if the banker can cut through the BS and get some results. You can also call again and let them know you spoke with reps in the past and their replies didnt make any sense.

If all else fails, write to the EO and inform them of your situation. When they get something in writing they tend to look at the situation differently.

It just doesnt make any sense that you are having this kind of experience given your banking and credit relationship, as well as your credit profile.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Time for you to say hello to BoA

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.