cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa Denial with 800 credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Visa Denial with 800 credit score?

I have not applied for a new card in over 2 years, so I thought I would take the plunge and go for the Amazon Visa. After all, I shop at Whole Foods and Amazon often. 

I applied for the card and received a 30 day message, saying they could not approve at this time. This is my first inquiry in over 2 years, so I don't think it's a 5/24 issue. I have a 820 credit score and 4% utilization. I already have a CSP, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. Perhaps I am at my max with Chase? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Visa Denial with 800 credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not applied for a new card in over 2 years, so I thought I would take the plunge and go for the Amazon Visa. After all, I shop at Whole Foods and Amazon often. 

I applied for the card and received a 30 day message, saying they could not approve at this time. This is my first inquiry in over 2 years, so I don't think it's a 5/24 issue. I have a 820 credit score and 4% utilization. I already have a CSP, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. Perhaps I am at my max with Chase? 

The 30 day message is not a denial; it just means that your application has been placed in the queue for processing. Call the status line at 800 432-3117 for an update.

Did you receive an Adverse Action notice from Chase?  If not, why would you assume its a denial?

Message 2 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The 30 day message is not a denial; it just means that your application has been placed in the queue for processing.

Did you receive an Adverse Action notice from Chase?  If not, why would you assume its a denial?

+1

As stated above the next best message to receive from Chase after an automatic approval is a 30 day response. It more than likely means a manual review of your app. The hangup could be anything to possible reallcation of your limits to make the approval work to verfication like sending a text to you to make sure it was you that submitted the app

Keep checking the status line for your app and once the message changes (two weeks, 7-10 days) then you can have something to work with

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received no emails from the application actually from Chase or Amazon. I applied through my Amazon account. Perhaps you are right and it is just in a queue. I can't think of any other reason for a denial unless I have all the credit with them they are willing to extend. 

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Keep in mind that the 30-day message or email notification is just that, further processing of your application, not necessarily a denial until you receive a letter that confirms why it was not approved.

Not all Chase applications get instantly approved so there's a possibility that yours may need additional processing or verification.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Keep checking the application status line for updates.

Message 6 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Call the Automated status line as often as you like.

https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

800-432-3117

Message 7 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Call the Automated status line as often as you like.

https://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

800-432-3117

It's amazing how relevant this graph is even almost three years later Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep....same thing here....took about three weeks (after i applied from an invite in the mail with a single APR) before i got the approval.

Be patient...you'll more than likely be approved.

Message 9 of 11
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

My GF’s mom had the same issue since she hadn’t apped in several years. Probably similar scores too (she’s well into the 800’s) and a pretty healthy retirement income to boot. Chase just wanted to make sure it was her because of the lack of apps / inquiries and I think you’re in the same boat as her. If you haven’t heard anything from them by Friday I’d say give them a call unless you like the waiting game. I hope to see an approval from you soon!

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.