Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa Rewards Application

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Visa Rewards Application

If the automated status line states either a 30-day or 2-week review message then it's likely heading in the right direction.

However, if it yields a 7-10 day message then it could be a 50/50 outcome. More often than not it may be declined, but in other situations it can be a request for further information or verification.
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

A mortgage or an auto loan is a secured debt; if you default the lender can foreclose or repossess the asset and recover their funds.  A credit card is an unsecured debt and from your statement you do not appear to have much experience with credit cards. Chase typically prefers at least one year of credit experience before approving applicants for their cards.  You'd be better off applying to a lender like American Express or Discover; they seem to approve thin credit files like yours.

@Anonymous wrote:

My mortage is 14 years in good standing

My auto being under a year in good standing with previous auto loan paid off two years only

My credit card is under a year in good standing

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I call and ask to speak to someone?  See what might be going on? 

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always call Chase and ask for a reconsideration but I'd advise you not to get your hopes up.  Do you have an existing relationship with Chase like savings and/or checking accounts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I call and ask to speak to someone?  See what might be going on? 

Message 14 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

How long ago did you apply?
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a checking account with Chase for about three years now.  I trust your judgement.  Thank you!!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 4 hours ago.  The message I got online said 30 days.  Then the automated app line said 7 - 10 business days.  :-(

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You haven't been declined (yet) so I'd advise you to use a bit of patience.  The 7-10 day notice can also mean that Chase is sending you a letter requesting you verify your identity; that's not unreasonable given that you don't appear to have much a history with credit cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

About 4 hours ago.  The message I got online said 30 days.  Then the automated app line said 7 - 10 business days.  :-(

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info.  Helps me feel better.  I'll keep everyone posted on outcome. 

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should caution you that the odds are NOT in your favor.  Your previous comment indicated that your other credit card is a Capital One Platinum with a $3,000 credit limit.  The card you applied for is the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature - a Visa Signature card typically comes with a minimum credit limit of $5,000 although Chase is known to approve the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature cards for less than the usual $5,000 credit limit.

But Chase also looks for prior experience handling large credit limits (i.e. $5,000 and above) and at least one year of experience overall with unsecured debts (credit cards).  Those two factors will weigh very heavily against you.  You might have been better off applying for the Amazon Store Card from Synchrony: https://www.amazon.com/Synchrony-Bank-Amazon-com-Store-Card/dp/B008A0GNA8

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info.  Helps me feel better.  I'll keep everyone posted on outcome. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.