cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Credit Line increase - Soft pull from where? Internal or Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Credit Line increase - Soft pull from where? Internal or Experian

I am looking to ask for a CLI with Amex, I know it is usualy a soft pull of Experian data.

My Experian probably won't update for another 2 weeks and is showing an older score (Utilization is now 0%).

The AMEX credit score tool (and others) show about 40pts higher than what is currently showing in my Experian.

Which of these will be used? The factors AMEX has or the one showed in Experian? Trying to decide if I should wait.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Credit Line increase - Soft pull from where? Internal or Experian

They usually use the most current one found on Amex site. FICO version 8 Experian.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Credit Line increase - Soft pull from where? Internal or Experian

Should be whatever Amex is showing.

My last CLI denial letter back in March showed a score of 777, matching the Amex site, while my Experian was showing 779 at the same time.

ETA: Score was/is on the way up. So EX was the more current of the two.

Message 3 of 6
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

+1 to what the other wise members said about them using what is on their site. One thing I want to add, however, is that the score they use CAN lag sometimes as shown by many DPs. One time I made a request and the score they used was not my current score, but the score they were previously showing for me on their site. It can take up to a few weeks to catch up. If you want to play it safe, I would say once a score posts to their site you're comfortable using, give it a solid 2-3 weeks and you'll be good to pull the trigger. It may update more quickly, but that's just the safer route. Good luck to you on your CLI request. Let us all know how it pans out! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for the responses!

Message 5 of 6
ccquest
Established Contributor

There are two scores on the site though iirc. One is under My Credit Guide which you reach by clicking "Free Credit Score & Report" under useful links on the right side bar, this is a TU Vantage 3.0. The other is the proper Experian FICO 8 score which you get under "Account Services" at the top of the dashboard page.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.