Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3X CLI - 7-10 day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3X CLI - 7-10 day

When I apped for them last week I had just apped and was approved for 2chase cards then apped for two of there cards and was approved. They pull EX. Also these are my first cards with them.
Message 11 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

honestly. Seen this time and time again. When amex gives 500-1k limit.  It's a lets see if we can trust you limit. Many cases it takes while for it to grow. Usually the second attempt. Which is 90 days from denial. You will get increase. In fact. Anyone who I ever saw get increase with the low limit. Barely used card. High spend is for sure. No guarantee. Not with amex. Barclays and others sure. But each lender different. Up to user to figure it out. Sorry op. Just start counting to 90 days. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks taxi818.   Even with its tiny limit, it's still my second favorite card (behind Sallie).   It's just bothersome to make that many payments to make sure I'm still good for everyday spending.   Counting down to 90 now

Message 13 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

honestly. Seen this time and time again. When amex gives 500-1k limit.  It's a lets see if we can trust you limit. Many cases it takes while for it to grow. Usually the second attempt. Which is 90 days from denial. You will get increase. In fact. Anyone who I ever saw get increase with the low limit. Barely used card. High spend is for sure. No guarantee. Not with amex. Barclays and others sure. But each lender different. Up to user to figure it out. Sorry op. Just start counting to 90 days. 

I have noticed this too. 500-1k range usually doesn't get the 61 day luv and it's always the amount of history you have with them when they decline you.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 14 of 15
medo
Frequent Contributor

Question:

If after a 61 day decline, and you app for a CLI within 90 days, and are denied, does this mean you will also be denied at 90 days since you app'd before you were 'internally' elegible? 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.