Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3Xcli 7-10 day message.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 3Xcli 7-10 day message.

So midnight was my 181st day and decided to go for my next 3xcli increase.  Got that dreaded 7-10 day message.  Never did a thing wrong with them.  Always put at least 2.5k-3k a month on it and pif the same day.  Had a zero balance when I hit that button.  Do you think my new accts spooked them?  Are they like Chase?  Should I call, chat or just wait.  I know I can app again in 90 days.  Just thought it was strange.  My limit now is only 6k and I asked for the 18K.  Decided to wait for the next round and ask for 25k-30K.  I'm almost sure it's a denial.  I did try twice since I thought maybe they're on CA time.  But still no dice. When does the clock start ticking if I get a denial?  From the date they sent out the letter or when I hit the button?  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3Xcli 7-10 day message.

Are you sure you are at 181 days? Sorry but many people reported that they missed the correct date for a couple of days.

I always recommend trying on regular business hours. You can wait for your letter to see what they say.

I will count 90 days from the date printed on the letter. Good luck.

Message 2 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

Are you sure you are at 181 days? Sorry but many people reported that they missed the correct date for a couple of days.

I always recommend trying on regular business hours. You can wait for your letter to see what they say.

I will count 90 days from the date printed on the letter. Good luck.

Sorry sandi. I also got denied last month. Reason. They pulled old fico. And too many new accounts in last 12 months 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So midnight was my 181st day and decided to go for my next 3xcli increase.  Got that dreaded 7-10 day message.  Never did a thing wrong with them.  Always put at least 2.5k-3k a month on it and pif the same day.  Had a zero balance when I hit that button.  Do you think my new accts spooked them?  Are they like Chase?  Should I call, chat or just wait.  I know I can app again in 90 days.  Just thought it was strange.  My limit now is only 6k and I asked for the 18K.  Decided to wait for the next round and ask for 25k-30K.  I'm almost sure it's a denial.  I did try twice since I thought maybe they're on CA time.  But still no dice. When does the clock start ticking if I get a denial?  From the date they sent out the letter or when I hit the button?  

That possibility is what's keeping my finger off the Venture button until after September.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They seem to have tightened up their underwriting over the last several months.My DW was declined her 3x increase the end of May with a great repayment history. I got mine no problem in March

What has your Ex Fico score been over the last 6 weeks since they go off the last sp they did? 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!  Smiley Wink  I'm sure it's the inq's & accts.  Yes, my fico is maybe 6 points higher than the last one.  Not much movement since I had a lot going on.  I'll wait it out.   Maybe longer than the 90 days.  I just thought since I have a relationship with them already, it wouldn't matter.  But if they're pulling the old report, then they can't see what I've been doing?  I've listened to folks on here and did just that.  Charging and paying in full.  I'm sure that's what got the big CL's coming my way.  But I have plenty good prime cards now and 18 months won't make much of a difference.  Smiley Wink  Fico simulator is stating 18 months and I'm pretty darn close to 850.  I know it's not tried and true but it can only go up as long as I'm in the garden, just doing my thing.  I wanted to say that I counted the days on my calendar and it looked like the 12th was the day?  Not sure I want to poke that bear again.  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 7- 10 day message is not necessarily a denial.. They may counter.  But if is a denial, sorry to hear..

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just had my 2nd time 3x CLI from then yesterday, I think new accounts doesn't affect it because I had 3 new accounts, CSP, Discover It and DCU platinum last June. DId you go through automated voice for your CLI or ask them through online? Because what I did was I called the back number of my card and went through the automated system, asked for CLI and asked me to put my requested amount which is 3x of my current limit, $18,000. then asked my income, I put it. after a few seconds. says Congratulations! My 181 days was July 9, because I got CLI last 01/09/15. But I apped yesterday which is Jul 11 because I wanted to make sure that I wont be asking to early.

P.S I got EX FICO 757

Message 8 of 12
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just had my 2nd time 3x CLI from then yesterday, I think new accounts doesn't affect it because I had 3 new accounts, CSP, Discover It and DCU platinum last June. DId you go through automated voice for your CLI or ask them through online? Because what I did was I called the back number of my card and went through the automated system, asked for CLI and asked me to put my requested amount which is 3x of my current limit, $18,000. then asked my income, I put it. after a few seconds. says Congratulations! My 181 days was July 9, because I got CLI last 01/09/15. But I apped yesterday which is Jul 11 because I wanted to make sure that I wont be asking to early.

P.S I got EX FICO 757

Of course new accounts affect if you get cli. But if you only had 3. Then no. you are correct. most of us here at my fico are talking about the 6-12 range of new accounts hehehe not 3.

I think in between my first cli at 61 days and my 3x at 181 days. let me count. 8 new accounts from then until i went for it. So im sure it spooked em. but i will go for it again september.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Yes-it's-me!  Smiley Wink  

Tantongol, I will try the automated once and see what happens.

Taxi, yes, I have many new accts along with the inq's.  I know that is it.  Half when I opend Amex and the other half within those 6 months leading up until today.  

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

P.S I got EX FICO 757

Of course new accounts affect if you get cli. But if you only had 3. Then no. you are correct. most of us here at my fico are talking about the 6-12 range of new accounts hehehe not 3.

I think in between my first cli at 61 days and my 3x at 181 days. let me count. 8 new accounts from then until i went for it. So im sure it spooked em. but i will go for it again september.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.