Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards should I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which cards should I apply for?

I have a 637 EQ, 694 TU, and 697 EX, and was thinking about doing an app spree.

I currently have 3 CU cards (2500 and 5000 limits), one is secured with a $500 limit. I did a pre approval on ths Chase site, and the Slate came up, then Freedom. I'm also considering Discover it, BoA, and a  Cap One card. Any othere with a high rate of approval with my scores?

Any help would be appreciated

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards should I apply for?

My scores were pretty similar when I got the Discover IT and Chase Freedom. Discover seems ok with thin files, so maybe try them first, although the EQ is a little low, not sure what they will pull.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which cards do you have now? I would go for AMEX (if no Ch7), Freedom, Capital One in that order...you should do the 2 or 3 internet tab option.  Remember Cap1 does HPs on all 3 CBs.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. My EQ will go up, hopefully on my next report. I have 3 collection pfd coming off my report.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could wait til those come off...better chance of approvals.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks mtg,

Which AMEX card are you refering to? I currently have SAFE FCU 5000, Mid Carolina FCU 2500, and SDFCU 500.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was definitely waiting until those came off before I applied.

Also, is it better to do 3-4 apps in a day, same week, or space out over the period of a month or more?

Message 7 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would apply for Freedom and slate back to back

and venture one and quicksilver back to back.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks addict, any method to the madness there? Don't those Cap cards have an annual fee?

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks addict, any method to the madness there? Don't those Cap cards have an annual fee?

Ventures have AF but you can downgrade to Venture1 before AF posts.  You can get 2 Cap1 cards (if approved) with only 1 HP/per CB...but you have to apply same day.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.