Super Contributor

Re: Amex BCP cli

@SDMarik wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

There's no specific known threshold that guarantees they'll be looking for POI so if you have no problem with approving a 4506-T request allowing them to peek at your last 2 years of tax returns  IMO you may as well ask for what you want.   Even a refusal to authorize doesn't trigger AA beyond an expected denial of the request and potentially future 4506-T requests if you ever request more credit from them. 

I went for 3x, got everything ready for POI if needed, they countered at $37,500. Didn't even ask for POI for the $45k. I'm not totally surprised, based on my spend there is no aparant reason for me to need a $45k limit. I'll ramp up some spend and shoot my shot again in 6 months Smiley Happy

Very cool and congrats! But I'm a tad lost lol. Did you go for more than the 3X like you ask about and they countered with that $37.5K or was that amount 3X and all you ask for. I ask because I'm a big fan of science lol.

Haha, sorry for the ambiguity. I  wound up going for the 3X, and they countered with the $37,500. 

I think OP was at $15k, asked for 3x which was $45k, and Amex countered with $37.5k, but didn't offer to approve the additional $7.5k with POI to reach the $45k requested.

Is that right, @SDMarik?

Yes, that is correct. I asked for 3x figuring I would provide POI if needed for the $45k, they didnt even give me the option, just approved me for $37,500. 

Makes sense. It's possible they'll ask for POI next time if you try for 3x again (that would bring you up to $112.5k, which would be amongst the highest revolving Amex lines on here [AFAIK]!).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 13
SDMarik
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

There's no specific known threshold that guarantees they'll be looking for POI so if you have no problem with approving a 4506-T request allowing them to peek at your last 2 years of tax returns  IMO you may as well ask for what you want.   Even a refusal to authorize doesn't trigger AA beyond an expected denial of the request and potentially future 4506-T requests if you ever request more credit from them. 

I went for 3x, got everything ready for POI if needed, they countered at $37,500. Didn't even ask for POI for the $45k. I'm not totally surprised, based on my spend there is no aparant reason for me to need a $45k limit. I'll ramp up some spend and shoot my shot again in 6 months Smiley Happy

Very cool and congrats! But I'm a tad lost lol. Did you go for more than the 3X like you ask about and they countered with that $37.5K or was that amount 3X and all you ask for. I ask because I'm a big fan of science lol.

Haha, sorry for the ambiguity. I  wound up going for the 3X, and they countered with the $37,500. 

I think OP was at $15k, asked for 3x which was $45k, and Amex countered with $37.5k, but didn't offer to approve the additional $7.5k with POI to reach the $45k requested.

Is that right, @SDMarik?

Yes, that is correct. I asked for 3x figuring I would provide POI if needed for the $45k, they didnt even give me the option, just approved me for $37,500. 

Makes sense. It's possible they'll ask for POI next time if you try for 3x again (that would bring you up to $112.5k, which would be amongst the highest revolving Amex lines on here [AFAIK]!).

Haha, I mean I'll definately give it a whirl but I think thats a super long shot. I cant imagine them giving me a CL that is also 50% of my annual income, when considering a limit that high. I'tll be fun for science though.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 12 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has indicated their CLI was approved, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

OP - you are welcome to start a new thread in the Approvals section to continue the CLI discussion if you wish to do so.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.