Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
Bmn5940
Contributor

Amex CLI

Hey guys it's been awhile but just a quick question about my Amex increase. My 3X CLI 61 days after account opening happened on March 3rd (confirmed by rep today) so 180 days from then is today August 30th. I read a few people saying wait until 181 days but just curious do I ask for 3X my limit again? Long story short It's been 180 days since last increase and just want to know what to ask for and if I should wait until tomorrow.

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
15 REPLIES 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLI

What is your current limit?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If it's the $1500 BCE in your mobile signature, by all means go for $4500! Yes, it has to be at least 180 days between credit line increases, so you can ask at any time after midnight Central Time tonight.  Note: Your signature is only showing on mobile.  My Settings/Personal/Personal Information is where you can copy the same thing as your mobile signature to a desktop signature so everyone can see it.  Best of luck!

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yes wait till day 181 and ask for the 3x
Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Take the Gmood1 challenge and 3x itSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 16
Bmn5940
Contributor

Current limit is the 1500 I will be asking for 4500 tomorrow!!! Thank you guys cross your fingers for me

Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 6 of 16
Bmn5940
Contributor

So need some more advice. I was just on my citi account after making a payment and decided to creep around and saw this under my increase tab. Does this mean soft pull increase? I feel like I just got my increase recently on this card so not sure if I should try or not Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.06.47 PM.png

Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 7 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That is indeed the Soft Pull language for Citi, and it will give you the option for a Hard Pull if you are unhappy with the increase amount.  Citi only allows a CLI every 6 months, so if it has been less than that, just mark your calendar.  For me the wording has just stayed there.  Best of luck with Amex tomorrow; let us know how it goes!

Message 8 of 16
Bmn5940
Contributor

It seems my last increase was back in may on the 11th but what I find super odd is that I do remember checking not too long ago and it saying it would be a hard pull. Obviously it's not been roughly 4 months since last increase so not at the 6 month mark yet but just curious why they'd give soft pull. Also to add to this My Citi card was opened early February, I got my first soft pull increase(luv button) on May 11th only 3 months after having card, instant increase from 500 to 1600 now about 3-4 months later from last increase I'm getting soft pull option again. I will say I put a lot of use through this card like my balance rn is 900/1600 Because I bought all my books and supplies with it while awaiting my financial aid disbursement. Maybe they like me? Tempted to hit the button

Goal Cards:
None for Now
Message 9 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Bmn5940 wrote:
It seems my last increase was back in may on the 11th but what I find super odd is that I do remember checking not too long ago and it saying it would be a hard pull. Obviously it's not been roughly 4 months since last increase so not at the 6 month mark yet but just curious why they'd give soft pull. Also to add to this My Citi card was opened early February, I got my first soft pull increase(luv button) on May 11th only 3 months after having card, instant increase from 500 to 1600 now about 3-4 months later from last increase I'm getting soft pull option again. I will say I put a lot of use through this card like my balance rn is 900/1600 Because I bought all my books and supplies with it while awaiting my financial aid disbursement. Maybe they like me? Tempted to hit the button

Yes, it changed to the SP language for me at about 4 months also and I got a $1300 SP CLI.  It seems to come up when the computer thinks your profile is eligible for it, even if your account may not be yet.  It has not gone back to the HP language since it first changed for me in March.  I've tried since (on both my account and wife's) and got the "There must be 6 months between credit line increases" letter.  It doesn't reset the clock; my wife just got a $4k SP CLI a few weeks ago.  Waiting until September to try again on mine.  You should be good to go in mid-November!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.