Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre Approval Question

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex Pre Approval Question

I was recently approved for the AMEX Delta Gold card, To those who have other Amex cards, what was the time span between getting an Amex card and getting pre approvals for other AMEX cards

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Pre Approval Question

@drboxing wrote:
I was recently approved for the AMEX Delta Gold card, To those who have other Amex cards, what was the time span between getting an Amex card and getting pre approvals for other AMEX cards

While i was rebuilding (started in april 2015) I applied a few times with no luck. December 2015 i was approved for a BCE with $500 limit, cli'd to $1K at the time of activation. In April, i applied for Delta skymiles, Green Card, and PRG card the same night and got approved for all. The only rule for sure is that you must have 5 days in between 2 revolver cards or they will hold the second revolver application for 5 days. Besides that, it is all up to you. Amex pays more attention to your relation with them than your credit report, in general. So if you current approval is a border line approval, i would at least 6 months, use and pay off the card every month to increase your chance in getting better / higher approvals with them for the future cards. If you give more detail, such as current cards, uti, scores, than someone else may help you further with your question.

PS: I never got any pre-approvals, or was never pre-approved for anything on their website. They were all cold apps.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 2 of 5
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks so much, your response was extremely helpful

Message 3 of 5
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I waited a month to get my second Amex revolver. Now, I'm waiting until after my 3X CLI this month to get either a business one or a charge card with them.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

n/a
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.