Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Rose Gold app question

tag
jellyroll2
Established Member

Amex Rose Gold app question

So I was planning to stay in the garden until next spring at least but with the Rose Gold now once again an option, I'm likely going to apply for it. It was already on my list just not for another year.

The Rose Gold seems to only be available to new applicants through a referral, with a 40k SUB. But people, including me, are seeing the 50k SUB option through Incognito mode. It also looks like current card holders are allowed to request the Rose Gold card through chat and are able to get it. So my question is, if I can apply and get the 50k SUB, once I have the card do you think I'd be able to request the Rose Gold through chat? Will that work?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Rose Gold app question

I think I read/heard about someone using the 50k offer and then calling CSR to switch it to the rose gold. YMMV though!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mentioned the 50K thing because it's more points and well... you can't post rederrals here.

Swapping to rose from gold is just a swap of the plastic.  Now, whether or not Amex keeps the blanks in stock that's a different story.  

It's just another CC at the end of the day.  If you don't have a specific use for the perks just save the $250 AF and get an Uber Visa instead.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

To address the question, yes you can get the Gold and then contact CS to switch to the Rose Gold. I had gotten my Gold a week before the Rose Gold became available again. Four minutes on the phone with a CSR and my Rose Gold cards were OK’d with no issue and the order sent to produce them. Rose is available until 7/17/2019 so as long as you get the card and request Rose before then, you will be fine.
Message 4 of 8
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I mentioned the 50K thing because it's more points and well... you can't post rederrals here.

Swapping to rose from gold is just a swap of the plastic.  Now, whether or not Amex keeps the blanks in stock that's a different story.  

It's just another CC at the end of the day.  If you don't have a specific use for the perks just save the $250 AF and get an Uber Visa instead.

Doing this once my TU reports for June Smiley LOL

Actually, I'm going to apply.  Whether or not I get to add another CC pic to my sig is a different story...

R.I.P Cards 

Message 5 of 8
jellyroll2
Established Member

Thanks all!

And the card suits me. I wouldn't apply for it otherwise. I was under 5/24 when the Rose Gold was available last and didn't want to burn my last spot for it. Now I used the spot, will be back under 5/24 next spring even with this app, I can start earning MR points sooner and get a cool looking card. So it's win/win. LOL

Message 6 of 8
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@jellyroll2 wrote:

So I was planning to stay in the garden until next spring at least but with the Rose Gold now once again an option, I'm likely going to apply for it. It was already on my list just not for another year.

The Rose Gold seems to only be available to new applicants through a referral, with a 40k SUB. But people, including me, are seeing the 50k SUB option through Incognito mode. It also looks like current card holders are allowed to request the Rose Gold card through chat and are able to get it. So my question is, if I can apply and get the 50k SUB, once I have the card do you think I'd be able to request the Rose Gold through chat? Will that work?

IMHO - If you weren't really in the market for the card for another year I'd just wait. I had the Gold card prior to the first round of Rose Gold and the changes that happened last October. I just called customer service and had it switched to a Rose Gold card in addition to making mine contactless. As far as 50k offers goes, I've only had my card for 2 years. I got in with a 50k sub with $1k spend. So the 50k subs come back from time to time. I wouldn't chase it for the colors if you didn't really need it just yet. Again, just IMHO.... - I'm dropping mine in November when my AF comes due. I switched directions of card usage so it's not being used to its full potential this year......

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Amex Bonvoy and was pre-approved for the Gold. I used the 35K offer and immediately chatted with a rep to ask about the rose gold since I wasn’t referred and I didn't already have the gold card. She offered to expedite the gold to me and said that the rose gold would arrive in 7-10 business days. It was very painless. I assume that you’ll have the same experience and can request the rose gold without any problems.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.