Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex & Experian Score

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex & Experian Score

@Anonymous wrote:
M&B makes excellent points above. As for the income question, I used my wife’s income and mine on my app, which is low $90k range, so there’s another parallel between my profile and yours.

im blown away el diablo only makes 90kSmiley Wink woulda thought money pours out your veinsSmiley Wink

Ps...hope you have sense of humor lol.

Pss Op, i would let your scores rise more youll have better success and sl, just mhoSmiley Happy

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao AJC, forum rules prevent the full scope of my sarcasm and rotten humor but suffice to say, I can laugh at almost anything 👍👍
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I can see how my Indigo PLATINUMMMMM would give you the impression that I’m a baller so it’s an honest mistake I’m sure Smiley Very Happy

Haters go’n hate (struts away)
Message 23 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

OP, I am sorry you got denied but you should feel lucky that you got a denial.

If you were approved, you'd end up with a card that's useless to you. I wish whole concept of *getting in* would go away.

Work on your derogs, stop applying, dont allow for any more lates, lower your utilization, and in time your scores will go up. Then you can have the card you actually want and can use for a long time, versus being thrown a bone.

I understand that you want to improve your credit profile, we all do, but to do that, you have to slow down.
Message 24 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

Can you give us more details on your credit profile. What is your utilization, baddies, etc.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 25 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:
OP, I am sorry you got denied but you should feel lucky that you got a denial.

If you were approved, you'd end up with a card that's useless to you. I wish whole concept of *getting in* would go away.

Work on your derogs, stop applying, dont allow for any more lates, lower your utilization, and in time your scores will go up. Then you can have the card you actually want and can use for a long time, versus being thrown a bone.

I understand that you want to improve your credit profile, we all do, but to do that, you have to slow down.

This ^^^^ OP.  Solid advice.  

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV - This happened to me....don't be discouraged! It'll happen. I do wish that I had seen this a bit earlier. IMHO, that 621 EX was a longshot.

I app'd for Delta Gold on 10/12/18. I was denied. The (1) and only reason cited was "FICO Score". My EX was 612 11% UTIL. I dropped my UTIL to 5% which increased my EX to 637. Exactly 33 days later, I app'd again at 637, and was approved via cold app with SUB - $1,000SL. Foot in the door. I'd also add that I had 5 old EX BADDIES, 9 Inq, and 1 new account reporting.

Obviously there are other factors, and everyone's file is different, but I'd bet you are just shy of the marker. There are conflicting DPs related to the app window, but I drilled CS via chat, and the rep I had specifically told me to always give apps 30 days. Not sure how concrete that was, but these combinations did work for MY factors.

Hang in there. I have learned in nearly a year of continuous rebuild, with both great success and being knocked down; this MARATHON will always be ongoing!🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.