Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app status??

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Amex app status??

Applied for a BCP, we pre approved offer... then it told me at the end that I needed to sign a SSA authorization to confirm my identity matches my name, I clicked accept. 

and then it said "sorry we couldn't approve you!"

but I didn't get a denial message.. considering I spent 300k+ on my plat I was shocked... and then checked app status it shows "in progress - Check back in 24 hours". 

anyone deal with this before?. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex app status??

Oh EX fico8 is 828 total CL is 1.1M utilization is $12k/1.1M

Message 2 of 8
jcooks
Established Contributor

I would give Amex a ring or open up a chat

Message 3 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Odd @Creditplz 
I take it you were already logged in to AMEX online when you did the preapproval and completed the application so they knew it was you logged in...correct?  Were you behind a VPN or something that may have confused them. Agreed, a quick call is likely all you need....

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

Applied for a BCP, we pre approved offer... then it told me at the end that I needed to sign a SSA authorization to confirm my identity matches my name, I clicked accept. 

and then it said "sorry we couldn't approve you!"

but I didn't get a denial message.. considering I spent 300k+ on my plat I was shocked... and then checked app status it shows "in progress - Check back in 24 hours". 

anyone deal with this before?. 

Sorry @Creditplz hope it works out.  For the record i did once spend $350 on my Amex card...no issuesSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Found out what it was!! They just wanted to verify I was me... Client relationship manager called me and said it was approved but they wanted to confirm I did indeed apply

Message 6 of 8
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

Found out what it was!! They just wanted to verify I was me... Client relationship manager called me and said it was approved but they wanted to confirm I did indeed apply

YAY!! So it's all good now, right?

Sounds like something triggered their fraud red flag alerts, and it's good that they followed through and made sure you were really the one applying. Congratulations on the approval!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 7 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

WOOHOO!!!!  Congrats @Creditplz 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.