cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime - Denied (Recon Maybe?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime - Denied (Recon Maybe?)

Applied for the Amazon Prime Visa today and was instantly denied. No pre approval but I tend to take those with a grain of salt cause I get approved a lot even without one. Seeing all the over 5/24 gave me courage to do it, not too upset about it though. 

DPs:

EX 691

100% payment

No baddies

8-10 inquiries(can't remember exact number)

LOL/24 (2021 was my year of of acquiring good cards as I'm still young a new to credit, possible 12/24)

2% Util

Would've been my first card with Chase. Chase would've been my first cards but I didn't know the credit game then. Any advice on what to say to recon? My profile seems good enough, over 5/24 might've been the deal breaker but we'll see. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime - Denied (Recon Maybe?)

I'm well over 5/24 and I just applied a few days ago approved for 15k @ 14.XX 

I do have a CSP with 15k so that may be the reason but you should definitely try to recon 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime - Denied [Update - Failed]

Talked to them on 1/3/2022 the only reason they wouldn't over turn it was because over 5/24. Well I tried lol. Just started a relationship with them with checking. So no relationship prior could be reason for no overturn. Maybe I call and try again, idk. Congrats to all that's able to bypass 5/24 though!

Message 3 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Talked to them on 1/3/2022 the only reason they wouldn't over turn it was because over 5/24. Well I tried lol. Just started a relationship with them with checking. So no relationship prior could be reason for no overturn. Maybe I call and try again, idk. Congrats to all that's able to bypass 5/24 though!

Bypassing 5/24 seems to be very much YMMV... I've seen both approvals and denials on people who are over it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 10
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime - Denied (Recon Maybe?)

I've been seeing a lot of approvals over 5/24. I've applied for 2 cards from Chase, cobranded and was instantly denied. Reason: "too many new accounts associated with you in the past 24 months". 

so while it has worked for some, they don't seem to budge with me. 

JR
Message 5 of 10
whoelze

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bypassing 5/24 seems to be very much YMMV... I've seen both approvals and denials on people who are over it.

I can definitely agree with this. I had 4-5 Chase cards in the past. All of them was acquired within 2-3 months of each other. When I app'd for the first card, I had about 7 new cc's that were between 2-6 months old and some HP's from other apps that were denied. So I was ready to be told to have a few seats lol. But somehow I got through the 5/24 rule with all cards.

Ch. 7 - 05/14/2021 : Discharged - 08/30/2021

FICO 8 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 653 EX = 608 TU = 622

FICO 9 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 713 EX = 660 TU = 701
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe depends on who you get on the phone....

I tried for a second recon and got told too many recent account like the

First time

Message 7 of 10
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Is there a better shot at recon if you go into the branch or call their recon line (btw, does anyone have that number?).  I literally just want to start a relationship with them.  Even a $500 starting limit would be fine. 

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myquestionsfico wrote:

Is there a better shot at recon if you go into the branch or call their recon line (btw, does anyone have that number?).  I literally just want to start a relationship with them.  Even a $500 starting limit would be fine. 

Nope.

The branch will simply contact lending, which would be no different than you calling the backdoor number(s) to speak to an analyst. There may be extenuating circumstances that if you have a very solid relationship with Chase and very well-leveraged deposits and/or investments, it may be worth a shot, just no guarantees. Then again, we've seen folks who are CPC customers and the outcome did not change.

The Backdoor Numbers sticky is listed atop this forum section.

Message 9 of 10
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Thanks @FinStar .  That is what I figured, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.