Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex approval or...

tag
Biergeld
Established Member

Amex approval or...

March 22 I applied for the Hilton Surpass and got a 14 day message.

March 24 I received an email from American Express New Accounts with the subject "Your Application Has Been Appoved" with the body stating "Good News - You've been approved for a new card." This email had an account identifier with a new last five number. 

March 27 I received an email with the subject "Your Card is Ready to Ship!" The body of the message says "Your new card is expected to arrive by Monday, April 3" and includes a link to track the card. Tracking link says the card was shipped March 27.

Today, March 30, I got a letter in the mail dated March 24 requesting I return a 4506-C in order to complete the review of my request for Surpass card and my request will be closed if the form is not returned by 4/23/2023. The letter also says if I've already provided the information and been approved I can disregard the communication.

Since I've apparently already been approved can i disregard the request or is my approval conditional and I should still send in the 4506-C? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex approval or...

I would call them and ask for clarification. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 8
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Call...but if Amex requests the 4506-C, they want it. Those functions are handled overseas, and the reps you are allowed to speak with cannot override the request. 

I had to provide a 4506-C for my first approval. Even though it appears backwards, I would call and comply. 

Be very careful filling out the 4506-C prior to uploading. Any discrepancy will get the form kicked back. The problem is it takes them a good while to kick back the form so if you don't keep calling and checking on it, you won't know until you get the snail mail letter. 

If you let it go too long...at 60 days...they will automatically pull your reports again. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 3 of 8
Biergeld
Established Member

Thanks for your reply. I will just submit it. 

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Biergeld wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I will just submit it. 

That's what I would do. Why mess around?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 8
Biergeld
Established Member

I didn't think to update this earlier, but when I tried to upload my 4506-C I was met with a message stating, "Thanks, we don't need documents at this time." 

Message 6 of 8
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

@Biergeld wrote:

I didn't think to update this earlier, but when I tried to upload my 4506-C I was met with a message stating, "Thanks, we don't need documents at this time." 

Did you call them? Sounds like they actually didn't need it? 🤷‍♂️

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $6000 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $6000 | Discover it 3k
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2023: EX 692, TU 691, EQ 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Biergeld
Established Member

@Chazzay12 wrote:

@Biergeld wrote:

Did you call them? Sounds like they actually didn't need it? 🤷‍♂️

I did not call. The letter gave the option of mailing, faxing or uploading the form. I went to the upload link, followed the instructions which included entering the reference number from the letter, and got the don't need documents message. I left it at that. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.